Director of Finance and Resourcing
Job Title: Director of Finance and Resourcing
Job Type: Permanent Post
Salary: £91,474 pa, plus car allowance of £6,250
Relocation Assistance: Up to £13,390 towards the cost of relocating
Closing Date for applications is 23:59 on Sunday 14th March 2021.
We are the largest non-metropolitan fire and rescue service in England. We provide prevention, protection and response services across the counties of Devon and Somerset (including Torbay and Plymouth Unitaries).
Keeping people safe is what we do and we have a proud history of this. We have 83 fire stations, over 2,000 highly skilled and motivated staff who work tirelessly to protect the 1.8 million people who live in our two counties, plus the hundreds of thousands of visitors each year.
This is an exciting time for the organisation as we continue to deliver against our Safer Together Programme and embark upon our ambitious plans for delivering greater efficiency. This role will be integral to shaping changes which will deliver wide ranging benefits to the organisation.
We are seeking an experienced Finance Professional who is capable of providing strategic leadership whilst undertaking a statutory role as Treasurer (Section 112 Officer) to the Fire Authority.
Find out more and apply
The successful candidate will be the Authority and Executive Board’s adviser on all financial issues the Authority’s Section 112 Officer (Chief Financial Officer and Proper Officer). Importantly, they will be a key member of the Executive Board and collectively responsible to the Chief Fire Officer for the strategic leadership and the performance of the Service in the achievement of its collective goals. They will engage in strategic and service partnerships and to plan, lead, organise, direct, control and resource a number of major services/functions or areas of activity of the Service, combined with cross cutting themes.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a dynamic, progressive organisation who are on a continuous journey of improvement whilst striving to achieve gender balance across the organisation. We have much to be proud of and more to do to achieve our vision that:
Together, we will work to end preventable fire and rescue emergencies, creating a safer world for you and your family.
• You will have experience of working at a senior leadership level, with a relevant accountancy qualification.
• Experience of managing cross functioning teams.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Section 112 role and the main issues facing a fire authority.
• An inclusive and inspirational leader, who has operated in a complex and dynamic environment, you’ll need to be strategic but pragmatic in your approach and able to demonstrate success in working collaboratively with colleagues to deliver change.
• You will have exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, with a proven track record of managing performance, underpinned by a well-developed strategic awareness, you will enable the effective delivery of strategic objectives.
• Eager to contribute to the success of our Executive Board as a key member.
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.