Tax Manager/Senior Manager - Customs & Global Trade Services
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realise your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you'll do
As a Manager in our Global Trade Advisory team, the selected candidate is expected to provide customs and trade services ( advisory, planning, due diligence, compliance review, etc.) to multinational clients across a wide range of industries. Including:
- Conducting research and analysis of a wide range of customs and trade issues related to business transaction with in/with Vietnam (under WTO/WCO, regional (ASEAN) and Vietnam regulations to advise multinational clients on import and export strategies and compliance requirements;
- Support clients with the development, and implementation of, duty minimization and supply chain optimization strategies, by utilizing Free Trade Agreements, duty exemption/refund schemes, trade facilitation arrangements and transaction and business model restructuring;
- Support clients in managing risk of international trade from a customs compliance perspective with specific focus on tariff classification, origin, customs valuation and import/export controls. This includes dealings with Vietnam Customs and other regulatory Authorities;
- Organize and manage working team;
- Provide assistance to Partner, Director in handling client portfolios and assignments; as well as business development activities, including the preparation of workshops, webinars, seminars, conferences, publications and public speaking;
- Engage in cross-border projects as part of integrated Global Trade Advisory network in SEA and wider AP region – to deliver multinational clients with tailored solutions
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of Deloitte and our clients and align our people to these objectives, setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Leading by example and establishing confident relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Maximize results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
- Bachelor degree or above in International Economics/Global Trade would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in providing customs, international trade and/or other related tax/legal services.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with a strong command of English;
- Demonstrate interest in international trade or international business;
- Creative thinker; team player; a thirst for knowledge; good reasoning, processing and analytical skills; efficient at multi-tasking;
- Presentation, project management skills, confident, with a strong business sense;
- Able to organize their project assignments effectively;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.