A hands on Assistant Accountant role, based in Hereford- can be either part time or full time. This finance position will offer an CIMA/ACCA study package if applicable. Initially the role will be offered with remote working, then with 50% home working and 50% office based.
Well established and successful Manufacturing Organisation with offices in Hereford, looking to expand their Finance Team.
Working as the Assistant Accountant, key responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Support all month-end support processes, accruals, prepayments, journals and fixed asset register along with calculating depreciation's.
- Support the Finance Manager with information for board pack meetings on Sage.
- Reconciling nominal ledgers, preparing costings sheet, assisting with statement reconciliations and stock/WIP reconciliations.
- Preparing weekly cash flows forecasts, payments for various companies within the group,VAT, CIS and subcontractor processes along with sales/purchase ledger support.
- Assist the team when needed to cover other transactional duties, during holiday, sickness or busy periods.
- Participation in various projects to support process improvement.
The successful Assistant Accountant will have worked within a similar role and must have an understanding of double entry bookkeeping processes.
You will ideally have used Sage Accounts previously, with knowledge of CIS or Subcontractor processes.
It would be advantageous but not essential if you have worked within accounts within a Manufacturing Organisation previously.
Excellent package, study support and option to work from home.