The role will support the Senior Client Accountant in ensuring the delivery of all aspects of client accounting to the highest possible standard in line with client KPI's, RIC's regulations and AY compliance controls
My client is a leading Commercial Real Estate Company based in the City of London. They are a well known global brand.
As the Client Accountant you will be responsible for the following:
- To ensure the maintenance of lease details on the database is performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain and update property service charge year end and budget information on the database.
- Working with your internal stakeholders, monitor budget to actual and actively manage shortfalls in the service charge account and escalating as appropriate any exceptions.
- Client void management to ensure cashflow is maintained.
- Carry out quarterly reviews of the service charge account with surveyor/facilities manager
- Complete REM elements of the Service Charge Year End workflow, working closely with surveyors and AY appointed accountants.
- Produce monthly/quarterly client reporting in agreed formats in a timely and accurate manner. This will include production of Clients Statements, VAT reports, bank reconciliations, arrears reports and any other bespoke reporting that has been agreed. This is to be reviewed by a Senior Client Accountant before submission.
- Ensure all rents and insurance are paid over to client in a timely manner paying attention to any Duty of Care arrangements and the Non-Resident Landlord Scheme.
- Attend finance/accounts meetings both on and off site with your line manager.
- Responsible for the timely recovery of utility costs and complete full reconciliations of the utility recharge account.
- Production of all bank reconciliations for review and ensure any reconciling items are cleared monthly
To be considered for the role of Client Accountant you must have the following:
- Background in accounting with the property industry (essential)
- Excellent communication skills
- Yardi or Propman experience highly desirable
£34,000 - £36,000 + excellent benefits