Senior Financial Accountant
Working within the Financial Accounting team you will be responsible for processes and controls as well as management of a team of assistant accountants.
You will be operationally responsible for your team including balancing workload, holidays, and completing regular personal performance reviews with team members. Also ensuring that there is adequate cross-training within the team to deliver an excellent service provision and business continuity.
My client is a global market leading organisation with a global footprint. They have a number of sites across the UK and offer a fantastic career progression pathway for the right candidate.
- Supervising maintaining and operating financial systems and processes in a constantly changing environment.
- Supporting data input on various accounting systems and the monthly financial close process.
- Supporting with preparation of monthly journals.
- Monthly and yearly reporting in line with company deadlines.
- Examining and analysing financial information.
- Presenting findings to senior management & key stake holders
- Leading and supporting the team with the ongoing reduction of reconciling item numbers and identifying methods to drive down items arising on a recurrent basis.
- Developing good understanding of the various business units including Timetables, Chart of Accounts, Service Level Agreements, Accounting Systems, processes, systems and business.
- Developing strong relationships with your finance contacts, through regular customer interaction ensuring a high level of customer service is maintained. Liaising with them and assisting them with any fixed asset or leasing queries.
- Leading the team in various compliance and continuous improvement activities. Identifying, implementing and driving value added activities throughout the organisation.
- Supporting internal and external audit requests and various other compliance activities.
- Providing support and deputising for the Financial Accounting Manager when required.
- Supervision of a team of Assistant Accountants to ensure the smooth running of a team including providing operational direction. Ensure all tasks are completed in line with the process to ensure all Financial Controls are adhered to.
- Actively engaging in regular personal development reviews with the team, managing absence, recruitment activities.
Fully qualified accounting professional, ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent
Have an understanding of Financial Controls and Data Protection regulations
Strong analytical skills and a forward thinking approach to problem solving
High level of Excel skills
Able to motivate a team, delegate appropriately and communicate clearly
Fantastic role for a newly qualified accountant.
Great career progression opportunities.
Flexible working environment
Benefits and Bonus Scheme