Senior Analyst, BU (Tech) Financial Analysis
A Sr. Analyst for the Global Technology Finance team is responsible for supporting business unit CIOs with various levels of recurring reporting and analysis including, but not limited to, expense planning and analysis, forecasting, monthly close review, variance analysis and more.
- Manage aspects of the Global Technology MRP&A function with various business partners across the organization, including review and communication of financials to management and executives
- Develop an understanding of operational and business drivers and priorities to assist Global Tech leadership make informed , data driven decisions
- Manage projects, including planning, organizing, and directing activities towards project goal completion, including management reporting
- Lead special projects to optimize and create greater efficiency in the end-to-end processes of critical functions that the Tech Finance team supports
- Participate in developing strategic business plans for various aspects of Global Technology
- Assist with business case development and review including cost benefit analysis
- Assist with the implementation of IT Financial Management Tools
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
- Create, develop, manage, and continuously improve trend analysis and unit cost metrics
- Foster and develop a culture of collaboration and best in class financial acumen, and lead by example
- Provide thought leadership in specific subject matters with other financial team members
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively problem solve
- Approachable and able to promote teamwork through creative solutions
- Ability to manage finance and non-finance related projects
- Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning skills
- Strong understanding of process and process improvement
- Experience with understanding and analyzing complex contracts and financial impacts
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
- Ability to manage and work through ambiguity and nuance
- Experience with Financial Planning and Analysis
- Financial modeling experience and understanding of financial statements
- Strong communication, analytical and data organization/ interpretation skills
- Management and Executive level presentation skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Power BI experience a plus
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics, with 6+ years’ experience
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.