Finance - Chief Data Office - Banking Book Data Quality Analyst
The Financial Accounting, Infrastructure and Reporting (FAIR) team is accountable for the integrity of the books and records of the Firm / LOBs and leading large-scale data, infrastructure, accounting standard and business process change management events. The FAIR team works closely with Controllers, Lines of Business and Operational teams supporting Finance and Risk, as well as partnering with the Risk and Finance Technology team and the various Program Management teams.
The Finance T/CIO Chief Data Office (CDO), as part of the FAIR team, is responsible for providing fit for purpose data required by Corporate Finance, driving data governance and policy adherence to the Firmwide Data Management standards and capabilities. The team also drives the strategic implementation of data sourcing, consumption across consumers, and operating model.
Partner with senior stakeholders (i.e., Asset Class Controllers, Product Controllers, FERCs, and P&A) and Finance T/CIO CDO leadership team to support the delivery the following data capabilities for a prioritized book of product-aligned work
- Data Quality – Facilitate resolution and oversight of the book of data quality issues and data sourcing gaps; ensure issues are clearly understood for prioritization and resolution and linkage to all necessary metadata (i.e., adjustments, demand, technology jiras); manage day to day oversight of issues; facilitate stakeholder working groups to progress issues through lifecycle
- Data Requirements – Drive provisioning of fit-for-purpose data by working with consumers to identify data requirements; enhance data consistency through definition of business terms and alignment of data providers to agreed upon business terms; maintain alignment between business terms and data requirements documentation/metadata
- Data Sourcing – Identify authoritative sources of data based upon data requirements for on-boarding to Corporate Finance architecture; support FAIR Product Owners in demand prioritization and grooming sessions
- Data Quality Controls – Ensure data integrity by identifying and overseeing implementation of data quality controls within Corporate Finance applications and upstream LOB applications
- Support Finance T/CIO CDO leadership team in preparing for Finance forums to communicate status of work, drive framing and rollout of CDO strategy, and advise on overall data health
- Strong core technical and analytical skills
- Strong hands on in MS excel for data analysis, SQL or any database query language
- Ability to quickly learn and understand, challenge and improve finance processes, infrastructure and systems
- Subject Matter Expertise of Banking Book products preferred (e.g., Wholesale & Consumer Lending, Wholesale & Consumer Deposits)
- Attention to detail, juggle multiple priorities and thrive in a varied, fast-paced environment
- Experience with Agile workflows and JIRA/Confluence
- Able to communicate effectively, drive consensus, and influence relationships at all levels
- Able to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; sound judgment
- Bachelor’s degree required
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.