Manager, Fees Management
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The Fees Management team in Luxembourg is a team of 8 partners. The team is presently split over 2 main streams, Fees Set-up and Fees Payment. The team is responsible for the set-up of fees into our accounting tool, based on legal documentation, the calculation and review of on-going charges, the calculation of merger ratio and the processing of mergers.
The team is also responsible to proceed with fees payment based on accrual, process to invoices payment to external parties, perform the VAT and Taxe d’abonnement declarations. Additionally the team is responsible for Performance fee calculation set up, cross team coordination, audit questions & external requests.
This open post is manager of the Fees Management team.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Assisting other colleagues. Acting as an effective team member within the team and with other teams by imparting knowledge and offering assistance as appropriate.
- Supporting the management & taking delegation of tasks for the daily, monthly and annual deliveries, respecting the relevant deadlines.
- Delivering high quality service to clients by accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks and requests for information. Close attention to detail necessary.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, auditors and other parties. As well as internally: locally with other departments and at EMEA level with other NT locations.
- Working closely with Manager(s) on various processes/projects, such as being assigned to take the lead and/or assist to implement new processes in order to help the team be successful in its goals and KPIs.
- To proactively identifying areas of concern, and suggest enhancements to procedures where weaknesses or potential efficiencies are identified, to demonstrate a clear and risk based approach to outsourcing arrangements.
- Coordinate cross team training to a better efficiency, creation of synergies.
- Ability to create Performance fee calculation based on prospectus wording.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Degree (University) in economics/business administration/accounting.
- Good knowledge of fund accounting processes.
- Ability to work well in a senior position in a team – people management experience is required.
- Accounting knowledge and very good command of MS Excel, Knowledge of GP3 accounting system beneficial.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as this role requires interaction at all levels of the organisation and externally
- Fluent English necessary. Other languages such as French is an asset.
- Ability to work in a structured pattern, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.