Rates Product Controller
EMEA Rates are searching for a product controller to join their team to support the EMEA Rate trading desks.
The role entails the accurate and timely production and analysis of daily P&L and Risk and completing monthly and quarterly accounting disclosures. It’s expected the candidate will have extensive interaction with Front Office, Market Risk, External Reporting, Valuation Control and Business Management therefore strong communication skills are essential. Additionally, it provides the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to learn and gain an in-depth understanding of the more complex aspects of Interest Rate derivatives while getting exposure to the highest ranked Rates desk in Europe.
The supported desks trade a wide range of interest rate products such as Bonds, Repo, Interest Rate Swaps, CDS, Index, options to name a few across various curves and tenors within multiple European markets.
- Daily review and reporting of P&L and Risk
- Validating and understanding daily P&L explains, entailing review of Volcker attributions, higher order explains and residual amounts
- Providing daily/weekly/monthly P&L commentaries to senior management, explaining P&L in terms of desk's risk position, strategy and economic factors
- Liaise with Financial Control to investigate and remedy cash flow breaks and review of the FX balances
- Participate extensively during the month end close to meet business reporting requirements
- Provide guidance & leadership to team, self-driven to manage delivery & create efficiency
- Understanding of the desk’s funding requirements and associated charges
- Identify, design and implement new controls and processes around the P&L production to drive efficiencies and to keep up to date with Global Product Control standards
- Participating in a wide range of on-going and new projects ensuring the needs and requirements of Product Control are met
- Good understanding of Interest Rates Derivatives ideally Structured/Exotics products, and associated Greeks
- Excellent academic background – with a degree in Finance or Accounting, or other numerical discipline
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA or CFA certification would be advantageous
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of accounting and external reporting for derivative products
- Ability to challenge efficiency and drive forward on change and innovation of processes
- Excellent communication skills with ability to understand/explain complex concepts
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.