Audit Manager – Mandarin Speaking
Don’t wait. Act.
Mazars, the smart choice.
Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and legal services. Operating in over 90 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of 40,400 professionals – 24,400 in Mazars’ integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance – to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
Mazars in Australia recently won the 2020 AccountantsDaily Awards for Network of the Year and Professional Development Program of the Year. You will not find a better environment to achieve your full potential!
Audit Manager (Mandarin Speaking) – Brisbane
The purpose of this role is to provide Audit and Accounting advice and services predominantly to our Australia-based Chinese clients and large international China-based clients as part of our worldwide China desk. As such there will be significant level of communication with Mazars China offices and some potential travel when health restrictions allow. Working closely with our Brisbane based China desk leader, an excellent level of verbal and written Mandarin language proficiency is essential.
- Planning performed in accordance with the Audit manual. Engagement scoping and objective setting completed with an understanding of the tests, client, industry, risks and controls developing as preparation progresses.
- Fieldwork performed in accordance with the Audit manual. Care taken to ensure the adequacy of workpaper documentation and the appropriateness of performance tests. Evaluation of findings for relevance and for forming an opinion. Ongoing communication with clients and AIC regarding progress and results.
- Reporting performed in accordance with the Audit manual. Materials presented in a clear, logical and precise manner. Issues reported on accurately and treated according to significance (rating).
- Review of workpapers, including the ability to time manage and prioritise. The provision of review points with on-the-job training provided to address any technical knowledge gaps.
- Leading of client engagements, including planning, executing, directing and completing of financial Audits. Provision of clear instructions and directions to all levels of staff to ensure that the engagement is completed according to expectations.
- Timely and clear communication maintained with key client representatives to ensure that assurance work proceeds as planned. Responsibility for ensuring that findings are communicated as they are identified, outstanding information requests are completed, and client relationships are strengthened.
- Contribution to performance review feedback regarding on-the-job observations.
- Assistance towards the Assurance Managers with monitoring of team WIP and write-offs. Provision of continuous feedback regarding team performance, individual performance and job progress.
- Document translation from English to Mandarin.
- Demonstrated external audit experience in a public practice firm.
- Commerce related degree
- CA/CPA qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Accounting principles and practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to assess the risks for clients before decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to team work including provide feedback, share knowledge and provide support.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to consult with peers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Mandarin and English
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to work proactively and autonomously.
- Ability to view engagements holistically.
- Ability to apply professional scepticism to all scenarios.
Why join us
You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global school of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Come and write the rest of (y)our story with us – you’ll make friends along the way too. Mazars, the smart choice.
We believe that Mazarians should be rewarded for the work that they do and so we offer a range of financial and non-financial benefits to support and reward our people. At our Brisbane location you can expect the following:
- International and domestic mobility opportunities
- Inner city location
- Wellbeing program
- Flu vaccinations
- Learning and development programs
- Social club activities charity and community events
- Study assistance to achieve CA/CPA qualifications (financial support & study leave)
- Social club activities and vibrant culture
- A diverse and inclusive team environment
- Flexible working
- Employee referral bonus
- Employee assistance program
- Paid parental leave
- Discounts on banking & insurance, health insurance, retail and entertainment, health and well-being
- Casual dress code
If you are interested in embarking on the next step of your career with Mazars please apply and submit your resume.
How to apply
Please click on the APPLY tab and submit your resume.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.