Pricing & Commercials Assistant Director
Assistant Director, Pricing & Commercials Team, Global Delivery Services (GDS) - Consulting
The GDS Consulting Team is looking for candidates to join the newly launched Pricing & Commercials Team.
The consulting & technology world is evolving rapidly. At the same time, our clients’ commercial view of engagements is also changing. Our clients are starting to explore more complex models and various parameters to optimise their costs. The GDS Pricing & Commercials team aims at developing a commercial growth model for GDS. The key objective is to improve engagement profitability by driving GDS integration.
Through the vast experience our teams offer, we assess situations quickly, apply our thinking and improve executive decision making. We are looking to expand by recruiting people with an outstanding pricing and commercials background, who have the right attitude and commitment needed to work together on the very largest and most complex programmes in the industry
Function: Pricing & Commercials team
Job Rank: Assistant Director
As an Assistant Director in GDS Consulting Pricing & Commercials Team, you will be reporting directly to the Pricing & Commercials Leader. You will play an important role in creating value for EY while managing profitability and cost optimisation for Opportunity Partners and Pursuit Leaders. As a key point of contact for leadership, you will support various aspects of the pursuit lifecycle ensuring EY’s cost-effectiveness.
As a part of the team, delivery excellence comes as standard. You will find yourself leading projects and key workstreams for major internal stakeholders. In this role you will be working closely with Partners, Directors & Senior Managers across geographies and use your experience & financial knowledge to shape deals and advise on pricing structures.
You will lead small internal teams, run engagement logistics and play a contributing role in developing propositions. We expect a strong background of successful end-to-end project delivery operations in EY’s blue-chip clients.
This is a great opportunity for any candidate who wants to grow a career in Pricing & Commercials and is looking forward to learning cost and revenue models of any projects to drive profit optimization. Candidates will be exposed to global working environment, thereby getting opportunity to develop new relationships across the global member firms. Our projects are delivered across the globe, hence ability and willingness to travel is important.
The GDS Consulting Pricing & Commercials team’s objectives are to set up a cross sector capability to:
The function’s initial scope is large/complex/strategic deals, new revenue streams (e.g., asset-based solutions) and/or significant use of technology.
Your key responsibilities:
Skills and attributes for success:
- Demonstrate strong leadership and consensus-building skills in a dynamic environment
- Enable and demonstrate innovative thinking and inspire action
- Ability to network effectively within large organisations and build relationships with individuals and clients (internal/external)
- Enable knowledge sharing across team; ability to synthesize information from others; connect all facets of the business when initiating, developing and implementing projects; help the business address its big issues; serve as an organizational connector
- Demonstrate ability to design and lead organisational change
- Self-starter, assertive and proactive approach, experience in stakeholder Management
- Strong interpersonal skills- written, presentation, negotiation and influencing
- Knowledge of pricing and commercials approaches
- Identifies process, structural and external issues when managing complex problems and finds ways to address them.
- Analyse trends/long-term plans and identifies the financial implications of various business strategies.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities concerning global business fundamentals, business models, ethics, competitive analysis and cross-cultural/geographical sensitivities
- The ability to manage competing stakeholder requests and prioritising projects will be key, ensuring alignment with key areas of focus for the business.
- Experience to handle a range of complex consulting and problem-solving situations
- Skills to resolve conflict and differences through application of interpersonal skills
- Exposure to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams and unfamiliar environments
- High personal awareness
- Strong working relationships across functional areas and through layers of seniority
- The ability to push back and influence business decisions
- Experience in managing departmental budgets, overseeing employee performance and hiring
- Relevant industry and product knowledge (preferable)
- Experience in a Professional Services environment
- Significant Commercial Delivery experience
- Project management experience; Professional project management certification i.e. PMP, Prince 2 or relevant Agile certification
- An MBA or an accounting qualification
- Strong numeracy and IT skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Proven ability to influence and build collaborative relationships with senior-level stakeholders
- Skills to build solutions and drive firm wide initiatives
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced, resilient team player with strong stakeholder management skills and good business acumen who is comfortable with working in an agile manner, supporting multiple stakeholders. You will be a change agent driving strategic pricing approach across geographies on high value deals for EY.
Success in this role will be through the enablement of comprehensive, world-class commercially viable deals for EY member firms and GDS, that will deliver sustainable, measurable results. Success will be measured through program usage, user surveys and KPI fulfilment. Experience in finance, project management, business development, leadership presentations will be added advantage
About EY Global Delivery Services:
At EY GDS, our Consulting practice is consistently growing and outpacing our competition by partnering with our global clients to bring value to their businesses. We work together as one borderless organisation, with over 10,000 employees across geographies, to build teams who have the skills and the experience our clients need. For you, this means exciting opportunities to:
Motivated by customers, regulators and shareholders, EY clients are re-evaluating their business models and embarking on major transformation programmes to deliver the operational and technology infrastructure required. With EY’s unmatched reputation for industry expertise, range of complementary offerings, global reach and delivery excellence, our firm is focussed to meet the demand for consulting services spanning front to support EY’s clients.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.