Senior Analyst - Stress Testing & Reporting
As a member of the Global Liquidity Planning team, you will be responsible for driving the development of the firm's liquidity risk framework across the stress continuum from business as usual to a resolution event. In this role you will have exposure to Northern Trust's Business Lines and Global Treasury developing an understanding of all on and off balance sheet liquidity exposures.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead the development and execution of quantitative methodologies underpinning the Corporation's Liquid Asset Buffer. Partner with the Balance Sheet Modeling team to ensure sound assumptions are developed considering client behavior and market conditions across multiple scenarios
- Responsible for estimating the Corporation's liquidity position and limits under a resolution event and contributing to the development of the liquidity components of the firms' resolution plans
- Lead the review and execution of the corporate and regional Liquidity Stress Tests
- Lead the development of a Liquidity Stress Testing and Resolution Liquidity fully automated solution
- Develop liquidity metrics that signal varying levels of liquidity stress, including appropriate actions, escalation and governance protocols commensurate with the severity of the stress
- Monitor the standalone holding company liquidity position under multiple scenarios and recommend levels of external and intercompany debt
- Responsible for conducting ad hoc analysis to aid senior management and executive committees in the decision making process impacting liquidity
- Communicate liquidity risks in a clear and concise manner to senior management, internal oversight groups, and external regulators
- Lead the development of robust documentation to support key assumptions, frameworks and processes used for liquidity stress testing purposes
- Ensure compliance with global regulatory requirements and expectations that govern liquidity risk, resolution planning, stress testing, and modeling practices
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or other relevant areas of study
- Prior work experience working for a financial institution in a Liquidity Risk Management function or related is required. Understanding of a Custody Banking model a plus
- Candidates should be analytically and technically sound with knowledge of financial markets and Liquidity Management. Knowledge of accounting and balance sheet, usually acquired through accounting/finance coursework or prior related experience, is required
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and interest in developing a detailed understanding of liquidity management
- Self-motivated and detail orientated
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to lead senior management level discussions
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, critical thinking, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Organizational skills are required to support more than one project or initiative while meeting regulatory and internal timelines with minimal supervision
- Advanced excel skills including advanced functions, data management, advanced charting, error debugging, VBA and querying structured data sources is required
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.