Analyst, BU (Tech) Finance
An Analyst for the Global Technology Finance team is responsible for supporting business unit CIOs with various levels of recurring reporting and analysis including, but not limited to, expense planning and analysis, forecasting, monthly close review, variance analysis and more.
- Analyze expenses, research variances, study trends, compile financial data, and provides financial reporting for the business unit CIO
- Support BU CIO requests for Ad-Hoc financial analysis
- Prepare various financial reports, providing data analysis and justification for management decisions
- Work with team members to collect and report out variances and other key financial metrics to MRP&A
- Develop strong relationships and closely coordinates with Business Unit CIO and other key business unit partners
- Participate in developing business unit s strategic plan
- Manage projects, including planning, organizing, and directing activities towards project goal completion, including management reporting
- Execute special projects and/or process improvement initiatives
- Provide thought leadership in specific subject matters with other financial team members
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively problem solve
- Broad financial and accounting knowledge and business acumen
- Experience with Financial Planning and Analysis
- Strong presentation, and oral and written communication skills
- Possess ability to work effectively and build relationships across a matrix structure and with a diverse management team
- Power BI experience a plus
- Technology background/knowledge a plus but not required
- Ability to manage and work through ambiguity and nuance
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics, with 5+ years experience
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.