Pricing Analyst, Officer
Who we are looking for
Motivated and talented person with background in financial operations, preferably fixed in income pricing with 5+ years of experience. Ideal candidate will be fast learner who can learn the day-to-day process initially but move toward higher level analytic work such as business process design and optimization. Will be based out of Irvine, California office.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Pricing Analyst, Officer you will
- Utilize advanced level of fixed income and derivative knowledge in the resolution of pricing issues and escalates to management as required.
- Provide pricing support to client groups, including responding proactively to inquiries, and conducting specialized pricing research and analysis.
- Monitor and follow up with vendors on pricing problems.
- Serve as back up to Pricing Team Members in daily operations.
- May assist in the hiring, mentoring, coaching and training of less experienced staff.
- Ensure validation of manual entries and accuracy of market data research to avoid errors.
- Be aware of broader internal/external business issues; applies to own role.
- Identify key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data; take a broad perspective to problems and spot new, less obvious solutions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and project analyst/lead on pricing initiatives and enhancements.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills including expressing complex ideas and concepts.
- Computer proficient including spreadsheet (Excel) and database applications.
- Advanced macro and query building skills.
- Understanding of Derivatives and Fixed Income trading instruments.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in business, finance, economics, or math.
- Minimum 5 years related work experience.
- Prior experience working with pricing vendor terminals, websites, and software.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.