Financial Services - Extended Assurance – Director, Regulatory and Risk Services
EY’s Financial Services practice is currently undergoing exciting change. The business is rapidly growing and we are expanding our teams across the UK within our National Markets practice covering Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Leeds and Bristol. This growth offers great opportunities for learning and progression.
Our Extended Assurance team aims to provide confidence to our clients and their stakeholders through the rigorous independent assessment of frameworks, processes and controls. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies coupled with industry insight in the Financial Services market.
The National Markets team within Extended Assurance undertakes regulatory and risk assurance activities for financial services organisations in a market that continues to grow significantly and our market share is similarly expanding. As such, we are looking to secure a market facing director to support the growth agenda.
Your key responsibilities
We are looking for assurance professionals, which are likely to be ACA, ACCA, CIMA, US CPA or CA qualified, who have a strong background in Financial Services. Candidates should have experience of working in assurance, regulatory, risk and / or controls projects either as an auditor / advisor or within industry.
We are looking for people with a comprehensive external network in banking and capital markets, insurance or asset management clients within the National Markets with experience in developing business relationships and generating service opportunities.
Join us and you'll work on challenging projects and accelerate your career within an international and supportive team. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
On joining our experienced Extended Assurance team, your goal will be to help build out the National Markets practice and in doing so, support clients in our local communities by delivering robust, high quality assurance services. As part of a supportive team, you'll have every opportunity to progress and build knowledge that will make a difference to your CV - and to your entire career.
Skills and attributes for success
- Desire to build / develop a career in assisting Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance and Wealth and Asset Management clients with regulatory and risk governance and controls assessments / improvements, including the provision of either a formal (assurance) or informal (findings & recommendations) opinion.
- Ability to lead teams and deliver our solutions to meet client needs, preferably demonstrated in a professional services environment.
- Practical experience of business development in the National Markets
- Intellectual rigor / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered.
- Ability to operate with stakeholders / manage projects which potentially span all functions within client organisations.
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work and lead under pressure.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Successful track record working in Regulatory and Risk services or with Retail Banking second line experience having either trained in a Big 4 or a top tier bank graduate programme
- Market network in the National Markets and have a strong track record of business development
- An ideal candidate would have a combination of professional services assurance (eg external auditor, internal auditor, forensic / financial remediation work or through controls reviews / initiatives) and industry experience.
- Professional qualification either in practice ACA/ CA/ ACCA / US CPA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) or an equivalent in industry, ACCA, CIMA.
What we look for
Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same. As part of a supportive team, you'll have the opportunity to progress and build knowledge that will make a difference to your CV - and to your entire career.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.