Guide a team of auditors to assess risks, develop detail audit programs, identify data analytic opportunities, execute audit programs, analyze results of testing performed, and effectively communicate audit results to the Audit Senior Manager/Director and senior management in meetings, presentations, and/or written reports and memorandums.
Additionally, the position is responsible for maintaining and executing continuous monitoring program in accordance with audit methodology and taking into consideration industry development, emerging risks, and regulatory changes and expectations.
Responsibilities |Audit and Assurance General Requirements
• Plans, executes and evaluates audit test plans for projects of medium to high complexity with a risk–based audit approach. – Assesses risks and controls, designs comprehensive audit programs, executes audit procedures, supervises and reviews the work of others, analyzes and synthesizes results of testing performed, effectively communicates results to senior management to affect change, and delivers well written audit reports and other forms of communication. – Manages staff assigned to engagements, and collaborates with other audit groups to effectively plan, integrate and execute audits.
• Understands fraud, BSA/AML and general IT risks in order to identify and assess key control activities in business processes.
• Assesses information security and privacy policies and procedures to identify weaknesses within the business process or activity being audited.
• Leads and executes continuous monitoring activities periodically for the area assigned. Gathers and evaluates information received from business units and other external/regulatory sources.
• Ability to multi–task and work in a dynamically changing environment.
• Complies fully with all Bank policies, procedures, audit methodologies, training and regulatory requirements.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum 4 years of audit or related experience in banking operations, compliance, and/or risk management activities.
• Minimum 1 years of experience conducting internal audits within financial institutions and supervising staff.
• Certification in at least one or more of the following:
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
• Certified Anti–Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
• Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
Skills and Knowledge
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively present to peers and business management.
• Demonstrated negotiation and leadership skills needed to convey ideas and obtain management buy–in for constructive change.
• Effectively manage ambiguity, work independently, think innovatively and demonstrate critical problem–solving skills.
• Strong understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices.
• Strong understanding of internal control concepts and application of such.
• Strong working knowledge of banking industry laws and regulations.
• Experience in planning and juggling multiple projects and with varying team members.
• Experience in coaching junior auditor.
• Sound knowledge and experience in IT audit is strongly preferred.
• Familiar with data analytics, robotic process automation and artificial intelligence tools.
• Experience in use of data visualization and reporting – e.g. Tableau and/or Alteryx is a plus.
Shoeb Khan, The Judge Group
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at