This Assistant Accountant encompasses a 3-year development plan. By the end of 3 years, the trainee should be in a position to step into a more senior Accounting role (possibly much sooner for someone with previous Accounting experience).
This role is best suited to someone with previous experience who looking to return to work / get back in to an Accounting role, OR, someone studying AAT / CIMA / ACCA qualification.
A well recognised and prestigious business based in the W. Byfleet area with free parking provided and very easy access via public transport.
The Assistant Accountant role involves the following key tasks;
* Ensure the timely and accurate completion of all reporting requirements. Including bank reconciliations, cash-flow analysis, monthly KPI's;
* Financial support including cover accounts, sales and debtor reconciliations/ credit collection as required;
* Proactively shares key insights including recommended improvements to stakeholders such as the FD and wider team;
* Manage the appropriate processes and controls to ensure compliance with agreed processes, GAAP, legal, professional obligations;
* Group Projects as requested by FD/ MD
The ideal candidate for the Assistant Accountant role:
- Will have prior experience in a similar role and be looking to return to work / return to an Accounting role
- OR...someone who is currently studying AAT/CIMA/ACCA
- MUST be looking for a long term career in Accounting (this role will develop quickly in to a more senior position)
- Excellent communication skills
- Accurate and attention to detail
- Excel - Intermediate or Advanced
- NOTE - This is a full time role ideally, but also willing to consider PART-TIME applicants
The Assistant Accountant role offers a competitive basic salary between £23-30,000, + study support, structured progression, and bonus.
For someone with prior Accounting experience this role could develop quickly in to a more role.
NOTE - this is an office based role! Please ONLY apply if you live within a 1 hour commute of W. Byfleet.