Team Lead, Transfer Agency
The primary responsibility of the Team Leader is to supervise and support a team of Analysts and Senior Analysts within the Northern Trust Transfer Agency, Back Office Support team. The department is responsible for dealer servicing for our investment manager clients. This consists of, processing and quality checking of transactions and updating the accounts of our clients’ funds in response to Client/Dealer instructions. Trading is done through NSCC/Fundserve and custom files. The Team Leader reports to the Team Manager and assists with workflow distribution and maximizing the effectiveness of the team. Organizes the work of the team, assigns tasks, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work. Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions.
- Oversight of the processing and responsiveness of a wide range of transactions/inquiries through internal/external systems, to regulatory and client standards
- Day to day oversight of email queries and dealer servicing phone queue, ensuring that investor’s instructions are responded to accurately and timely
- Investigate and resolve inquiries and exceptions, communicates with various internal departments, other banks, Trust companies and brokerage firms to resolve exceptions/rejects
- Respond to financial reports/audit requests ensuring conformity to professional and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for work flow distribution in order to meet market cutoffs
- Provide on the job technical training and coaching for all team members and brief staff regularly on issues relating to work carried out by the team and new initiatives
- Organize the work of the team, assign tasks, set short-term priorities, monitor all activities and ensure timely and accurate completion of the work
- Ensure all procedures are kept up to date and are adhered to on a daily basis
- Assist the Team Manager in establishing goals and objectives for the team
- Generate process and system enhancement ideas and co-ordinate the introduction of these changes with supporting documented procedures
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- The role will require the ability to deal confidently and articulately with internal and external counterparties
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff
- Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines, escalating issues where necessary
- Good team player, self-starter, flexible, with the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- A College or University degree and/or relevant work experience is required
- Supervisory experience is desirable
- An understanding of the financial services industry and industry product: collective investment trusts, mutual funds, fund of fund structures, back office and intermediary operations, NSCC/DTCC services, retirement plan vehicles
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.