AIS Investor Services - Senior Associate
Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. We’re a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
In the role of AIS Investor Service you will be responsible for:
ISG is responsible for the maintenance of Investor records held on various systems for private equity and real estate Funds and for the generation and delivery of all notices, reports and other packages for these Funds. Notices will include all deliverables to Fund investors (capital calls, distributions, financial statements, NAV statements, capital accounts, tax returns, press releases and so on). Additionally, the team will need to prepare and execute payment instructions that result from the on-going activity of those clients and investors.
The team has touch points throughout the business and it is vital to the smooth running and administration of private equity and real estate funds. The team has a varied workload and a good relationship with other service teams throughout the business.
The Senior Fund Administrator will work as part of this shared service team on a range of matters, providing investor service related functions for established and new funds and corporate entities.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and keen to grow with the business, while working in a team environment and ensuring the full support of other teams. Knowledge of system solutions and Microsoft programs would be a benefit for this role. Building a good relationship with others will be essential to making this role, and thus the team, a continued success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Fund Administrator will work closely with Administrators, Supervisors or other designated Managers throughout various business units such as Fund Accounting, Client Service Management, Client Due Diligence (CDD) and Company Secretarial. Business must be conducted at all times in line with State Street Policies and Procedures and any departmental guidelines.
Working alongside Administrators in each of the functions of ISG and CDD, they will supervise and oversee the day to day maintenance of static data and KYC records, investor subscriptions and on boarding, investor statements, delivery of system generated reports as well as the preparation of investor capital call, distribution and payment notices.
The deliverables of the role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review of static data change requests (contact data, bank data, etc) related to Investors on various systems, in accordance with applicable procedures
- Review and screening of investor subscription/commitment agreements and Know Your Customer (KYC) documentation in line with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Policies and Procedures
- Coordinate the preparation and review of notices and payment instructions for capital calls and distributions in accordance with supporting documentation received
- Oversee the use of online investor portal for upload and retrieval of investor specific documentation
- Ensuring the teams are following the paperless process with regard to filing and scanning of completed static data and investor files on to local drive for audit and record keeping purposes
- Ensuring specific steps relating to ISG, CDD and payments tasks are carried out in accordance with Policies and Procedures
- Oversee departmental procedures whilst ensuring they are regularly reviewed and updated to reflect updates to global policies and legislation
- Demonstrate understanding of investor and legal entity structures and the corresponding documentation requirements
- Work with Management in exploring ways of streamlining processes and enhancing system automation with regard to investor level reporting
- Taking part in client service level reviews and potential new client meetings
- Coordinate internal and external audit processes and ensuring timely delivery on requests
- Provide assistance to other service teams on best practice for investor record maintenance and/or for call/distribution notice generation as required
- Review of Unit, Shareholder and Partner Registers
- Dealing with investor and client queries on a daily basis and ensuring agreed service levels are maintained and improved where required
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the junior members of the team through regular team meetings and one to ones
In addition to the duties listed above, the Senior Fund Administrator may be requested to perform any other ad hoc duties or projects as requested by Management.
To be successful in this role, your experience should include:
Technical Knowledge / Skills Required
- Previous experience in an administrative or financial role with proven track record would be a plus
- Proactive and willing to do what is required to ensure consistent services to clients
- Attention to detail and diligence in reviewing documentation
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate others
- Ability to manage expectations and deliver on time
- Strong organisational and time management skills are essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Ability to use initiative, work confidently and take ownership of tasks is important
- Willingness to learn, lead a team, and adapt to new and challenging situations
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining quality of service
- Must maintain a professional demeanour
- Consider and adhere to relevant regulatory environment and obligations
- Consider and adhere to State Street policies and procedures
- Consider and adhere to control frameworks
- Good IT skills, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable adjustments may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the environment is moderate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable adjustments may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As part of State Street pre-hire background screening process, we apply a risk-based approach to determine the requirement of carrying out such checks on candidates, including criminal record checks. This role is judged to be sufficiently sensitive to warrant carrying out a criminal record check. By applying for this job you are consenting to State Street completing background checks including criminal record checks
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.