Group External Reporting - Senior Planning Manager
The Group Finance External Reporting Team is principally responsible for delivery of the regulatory and statutory reporting requirements for the business, associated with the annual reporting, interim half-year results and quarterly business performance, and for developing key supporting insights for the Board and Executive Committees on those results.
Our client are a listed Financial Services organisation.
DescriptionThe key outputs for the team include the Annual Report and Accounts, half-year financial statements, Quarterly Interim Management Information, Environmental Social and Governance reporting, Quarterly Quantitative Reporting Templates, Financial Stability Templates, Annual Solvency Financial Condition Report, and Regulatory Supervisory Report and ad-hoc public financial disclosures. In addition, the team is responsible for delivering the internal reporting requirements of the Group's legal entities and their respective statutory reporting. The key deliverables for the legal entities within the Group include the plan, forecasting and other internal reporting and statutory reporting for the entities.The Senior Planning Manager will be responsible for the managing and delivering the end to end planning for the above key outputs.
- Development, management and ownership of the end to end annual plan including a forward looking perspective, and the end to end planning for the key Group deliverables.
- Development, management and ownership of the Group External Financial Reporting timetable.
- Leading the engagement with third parties engaged in the production of External Reporting collateral.
- Providing key operational analysis for business decision making and driving continuous improvement to facilitate greater time for value-add analysis.
- Monitoring the progress of the delivery of all activities by the External Financial Reporting team in conjunction with onshore shared service teams, encouraging swift action on overdue items and reporting progress to senior stakeholders.
- Influence the partners across all levels at Group and markets to develop the plans to achieve the defined objectives.
- Developing strong relationships with stakeholders across the business, senior colleagues and various third parties e.g. auditors
- Experience working in a financial service listed plc environment is essential.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with strong planning and project management experience.
- Proven track record of delivery within tight timelines.
- Good understanding of financial reporting processes.
- Strong stakeholder and people management and ability to appropriately challenge senior leadership and the status quo when required.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively across all levels and across different geographies.
- Strong verbal and presentational skills and ability to present complex issues simply.
- Competitive salary banding.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Flexible working location.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.