Statutory Reporting Accounting Manager
The role of the Statutory Reporting Manager is take responsibility for reporting with regards to all aspects of the Groups statutory reporting activities, primarily focused on the preparation of the Groups Financial statements.
My client is a rapidly expanding, well known business in the Stoke area who have experienced year on year growth for the past few years.
- Co-ordinate the "In-sourcing" of the Group Consolidation from Group Auditors, following recent Audit Regulatory update on Other Public Interest Entities ("OPEI"), including;
- Review of current process and methods
- Significant interaction with both Internal and External stakeholders currently involved in the process
- The preparation of Consolidated Statutory Accounts under FRS102 for the Group, ensuring compliance with Internal and External Timetables.
- The preparation of statutory accounts for the Groups UK Entities, again ensuring compliance with Internal and External Timetables
- Providing guidance to the Group on "Complex" accounting and Technical issues.
- Ensuring the Group is compliant with current accounting developments, ensuring Senior Management understand the impact of these changes, ensuring any new Accounting standards / updates are implemented and managed correctly
- Liaise with Senior Management and Finance Team regarding the timely submission and review of supporting documentation to support Statutory disclosures.
- Assist with the review and sign-off of statutory accounts for overseas subsidiaries, working with the relevant members of the finance team and Group / Overseas Component Auditors
- Adopt a collaborative approach with Group Auditors ensuring compliance with all Accounting Standards, both locally and internationally, FRS and IFRS.
- Assisting with the Group Audit to provide in house expertise on Audit queries.
- ACA Qualified 2 yrs. plus, industry experience preferred but not essential
- IFRS and Group consolidation experience
- Experience of working with a group consolidation system
- Strong communication and Analytical skills
- Attention to detail and the desire to develop and improve systems and processes
- Flexible, proactive and self-motivated with excellent organisational skills
- Strong communication skills, ability to negotiate and build relationships across the multiple stakeholders
A competitive salary along with a bonus and car and opportunities to head up a Statutory Reporting Function.