The Senior Accountant will work closely with the C.F.O. and Controller to ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
This position will handle all accounting operations within the company's accounting software as well as all accounting for assigned divisions; verify financial records and transactions. You must have a keen attention to detail and maintain account balances, financial statements, general ledger, and all reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following Essential Duties satisfactorily. This list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties of the position, provided it does not create an undue hardship on the Company.
- Accounting software maintenance and training with Spectrum/Viewpoint
- Accurately gather, track, analyze financial information and report on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
- Audit financial transactions
- Assemble monthly consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet for management reporting
- Perform monthly and annual accounting close procedures and deliverables such as journal entries, reconciliations, reports in compliance with GAAP
- Administer Ad–hoc projects as necessary
- Ensure compliance with company's accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Prepare documentation for external auditors and tax preparers
- Responsible for managing the fixed assets and depreciation schedules of any assets the company owns
- Make sure that confidential information is secure
- Keep up to date with financial laws, rules and regulations and internal policies
- Provide support on special requests and assist other team members as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
ENVIRONMENT, PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Work performed in office environment. Involves frequent contact with other employees. May require working under stressful conditions
- Operates office machinery including computers, fax machine, calculator, and photocopier
- Requires manual dexterity for office machine operation including computer and calculator, stooping, bending to handle files and supplies, and mobility to complete errands or deliveries
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or carry/move up to 20lbs
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to perform repetitive motion of hands, wrists, and arms
- Must be able to complete job duties proficiently while adapting to changing demands and priorities
- Must have the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and concentrate for long periods of time to perform duties in a safe manner
This position is designated as a safety sensitive position because it requires the regular handling of confidential and/or proprietary Company, employee, and client information. Performing this job in a discreet and professional manner requires alertness at all times. Any lapse of attention could have a significant impact on the Company, its employees, and/or its vendors.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- BA/BS in Business with a concentration in Accounting, with 3–5 years in public accounting for the construction industry
- CPA preferred
- Strong general ledger accounting knowledge required
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Experience with construction accounting systems
- Computer skills: strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word and Excel, experience with Spectrum/ Viewpoint a plus
- High attention to detail, critical thinking, problem–solving and analytical skills, combined with a good business judgment
- Team player, self–starter, with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
- References required
- A current valid driver's license is required
Management reserves the right to change this job description at any time according to business needs. This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not meant to alter the at–will status of employee's employment in any way.