Finance Business Partner
A finance Business partner position, working for a global logistics business based in Northampton. This role is a brilliant opportunity to enhance and develop your career in commercial accounting, business partnering and financial analysis
Its an incredibly exciting time to join this growing and evolving business as it continues to succeed within the logistics and supply-chain industry.
My client is a market leading, global organisation within the Logistics distribution and supply chain industry.
They have a network of offices spread throughout the UK and they are looking to bring in a new Finance Business Partner to support the Senior Finance Business Partner in managing several key accounts and relationships with senior Stakeholders.
The client is looking for an up and coming individual to join the team on a permanent basis and develop within this role and become part of the succession plan within commercial finance.
My client is looking to help someone grow within this role and full study support will be provided to the successful candidate.
The Finance Business Partner provides effective financial support to the Finance Business Partners through:
- Assistance with the preparation of reports and forecasts
- Helping collate and interpret large data volumes
- Identifying issues in customer billing and support resolution
- Acting as Business Partner representative for finance on calls
Forecasting and Planning
- Assist with the divisional budget and forecasting processes from end to end
- Support high quality analysis and insights to maximise and shape growth and gross margin
- Assisting with development of divisional and core reports for concise communication and understanding of divisional cost base and margin development
- Prepare detailed P&Ls and work with the business to develop dashboards
- Work closely with Controllership to ensure completeness and accuracy of the divisional balance sheet or working capital statement
- Provide visibility of all balance sheet movements and variance from forecast
- Ad hoc finance duties including supporting the implementation and testing of new processes, systems and controls as well as central reporting
- Demonstrate a good understanding of key business drivers to the FBP
- Assist with the reporting of divisional KPIs, including financial performance, variance analysis, margin analysis, cost control and forecasting
- Assist the preparation of the weekly Flash analysis and monthly divisional reports, including with commentary and insights
- Assistance with the continuous improvement of processes and procedures
- Provide ad hoc reports and analytics as required
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following skill sets and experience:
- Part-qualified in either ACCA or CIMA, or AAT
- A proven background in commercial finance, not necessarily previous finance business partnering or financial analysis. Strong technical experience at an Assistant Accountant level will definitely be considered for this role.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is critical
- Honesty and integrity
- Hard work is required here - you will be required to "get your hands dirty" through investigation and reconciliation of data. You will be required to perform core accounting duties in this role
- Take pride in your work and be prepared to go the extra mile, to help the business succeed and for targets or deadlines to be met.
- Excellent, professional communication and presentation skills
A brilliant opportunity for someone who is looking to develop their accounting career in a finance business partner role
A brilliant team to support you and mentor you