Finance Associate - Stock Reconciliations
Purpose of role: The Stock Reconciliation team are responsible for ensuring an efficient flow of our product from supplier to depot and onward to stores. In this area a number of General Ledger accounts are managed to ensure that stock levels reconcile with payments and that any losses or variances are reported correctly to minimise the risk of the company incurring any losses.
- Management of our RTV (Return to Vendor) process for any stock where quality issues arise. This will involve liaising with stores and depots to ensure a speedy, efficient turnaround of stock to be returned and reimbursement of any funds paid for faulty products.
- Pre-receipt v GRN reconciliation: Identifying and investigating discrepancies between stock which has handed over and/or been paid for and what is receipted at our depots. Regular contact with depots to resolve issues and reclaiming funds when a loss has been identified.
- Goods in Transit account reconciliation. In tandem with the above the successful candidate will reconcile our GIT account to highlight any variances in goods inwards at our depots.
- Preparation of financial journals for Team Lead’s review for the reclaim and write-off of any financial losses related to missing stock.
- Reconciliation of Order activity between WMS (Warehouse Management System) and IPMS to ensure the correct flow of data from depot receipts reaches our ordering and accounting systems.
- Issuing of Stock Loss notifications to vendors where the financial loss is being reclaimed in tandem with Claims process.
- Monitor and manage Stock Reconciliations inbox to ensure all inbound stock queries are resolved in a timely manner.
- An understanding of systems such as IPMS and Oracle is desirable.
- Previous experience managing stock reconciliations desirable
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong engagement skills, with proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to multi-task, willingness to learn other roles and perform back-up where required.
- Fluency in the English language is essential.
- Process oriented.