Alternative Investment Fund Accounting Manager, Assistant Vice President
State Street Alternative Investment Services is an industry leader in providing administrative fund services to Private Equity managers within our Alternative Investment Solutions business. Our Hybrid Services team was organized to deliver customized service solutions for investment funds that have closed end structures and a diverse spectrum of portfolio investments. We are a team of dedicated accounting professionals who are passionate about delivering financial reporting and day-to-day accounting and administrative support to our clients. This opportunity uniquely offers candidates the opportunity to service hybrid alternative products. Portfolio asset classes can include: equities, private debt, real estate, derivatives, energy, and other private investments. Employees interact daily with functional teams including; trade operations, investor services, custody, tax, and financial reporting both locally and in globally diverse locations.
This managerial position is within the Private Equity Fund Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Solutions Group. The position interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously handle multiple assignments. The position is responsible for managing client relationships and managing and directing the overall accounting and administration for several client sponsored.
- Manage day-to-day communications with contacts of several clients, including investment professionals, client personnel, investors, attorneys, auditors, bankers, etc
- Direct and/or indirect management and supervision of all subordinate staff levels
- Coordinate discussion and documentation of portfolio investment valuations with clients, as necessary
- Full review of accounting and tax work paper packages, financial statements and other reports and communications for one or more clients
- Coordinate and manage annual audit and tax return preparation with Big 4 accounting firms, including negotiation or review of fees, as necessary
- Thorough review and understanding of investment fund legal documents, including complete understanding of partnership allocations and distribution waterfalls
- Ensure the development and implementation of training for all levels of accounting staff and management
- Coordinate and liaise with other operating groups (investor communications, financial reporting, tax, etc) to ensure effective communication among operating groups
- Assist with development and implementation of SSPEFS accounting policies and procedures
- Review and approve all transactions (money movement, trades, etc.) in accordance with established guidelines
- Ensure client deadlines are met, perform regulatory filings RCS, BCL, CSSF ect.
- Assist with execution and implementation of FASB and other technical accounting pronouncements, as necessary
- Represent SSSL at periodic client meetings, present and discuss business results and initiatives
- Participate in industry sponsored trade shows, seminars and other events.
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals
- Coordinate and manage special client and corporate projects
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Candidates must have a college degree (accounting degree strongly preferred; business, mathematics, finance or economics degree required)
- Working experience of different GAAP (Lux GAAP, IFRS, US GAAP) and performing regulatory filing RCS, BCL, CSSF ect.
- Successfully finalized post graduate qualification in accounting or advanced in a process.
- Substantial previous fund accounting experience, including managerial experience.
- Previous auditing experience and / or coming directly from business.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Person bringing a positive spirit into the team is welcome
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.