Senior Consultant- Finance Technology- FAAS- FS
We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated, professional and passionate about what they do. We want individuals who will further add to the continued success of our Financial Services CFO Advisory Practice.
We are looking for consultants with a strong delivery track record across Capital Markets, Banking and Insurance who can apply their change, line or technology skills to design and deliver solutions to support our clients achieve their desired business outcomes.
Based in London (other locations in the UK will be considered), but as part of a global organisation, the role will involve working with our UK and Global FS clients.
As a Senior Consultant within our Financial Services Finance team you will specialise in Retail Banking, Capital Markets or Insurance Finance and be offering valuable insight and advice to clients and making strategic and operational decisions about their businesses. You will be making a valued contribution to the continued success of the practice, alongside some of the most highly regarded colleagues within the business.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the delivery of large projects, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions.
- Support financial management of clients
- Contribute to business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients, leading proposals and bid teams and managing the development and delivery of high-quality proposals. As well as demonstrating great depth of specialism by contributing to EY Point if views
- Contribute to the development of your own and the team's technical skills by establishing a culture of highest performing teams, inclusive behaviours, and emotional intelligence
- Develop strong internal and external networks to bring all EY to clients
- Create an environment that encourages innovation based on experience with the client, market, service line, functional group and EY
- Develop strong internal and external networks for long term relationships and managing EY accounts
- Contribute to the design, development and implementation of strategic initiatives
- Drive innovation in all that they do and is seen as a leader in this area. Implementing new ways of working, delivery models and / or technological advancements
- Keep up to date with industry news and developments
- Leading the growth of the practice via the sharing of knowledge and experience and the development of solutions, engagement tools and enablers
- Providing quality assurance and monitoring risks, managing assignment teams and third parties, liaising with service line teams, functional specialists and Area Partners
- Confident and comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity in a project environment
- Demonstrate expertise across engagement and practice teams
- Display excellent communication and presentation skills
- Take personal responsibility for the quality of delivery
- Instill a cohesive team mentality, by working hard together, treating their colleagues well, and create a happy culture even when under pressure
- Extremely comfortable and confident around senior stakeholders, internally and externally
- Extremely comfortable with Excel and PowerPoint. Much of our work involves detailed analysis and report writing, so it is critical you can work with these tools
- Able to apply logic and problem solving to difficult business problems
- Knowledge of the key issues and challenges currently facing the financial services sector Professional
Experience must include one or more of the below:
Other typical experience may include whilst not limited to:
- Experience of working in a consulting role in financial services, or a transformation role in industry, ideally in banking or insurance
- Experience in delivery of large-scale change programmes in Financial Services, demonstrable experience of leading change gained from:
- hands-on consulting experience at a Big 4, or top tier consulting firm within financial services, or
- leading change programmes at a Financial Services organisation, or
- leading a Line function at a Financial Services organisation
- Finance Operating Models and Finance Transformation, including location and service model strategy
- Control and Valuation – including demonstrable product knowledge (Capital Markets Candidates)
- Financial Control – including internal and external statutory reporting
- Accounting and regulatory change, Financial modelling, budgeting, Business Planning, Forecasting and analysis
- Finance, Risk and Treasury integration, operating model design and implementation
- Front to back process, control and governancea
- Balance sheet management and financial resource optimisation
- Cost reporting and management
- Finance Cost Reduction and Process Improvement
- Regulatory, statutory and management reporting projects including IFRS17, IBOR, VIR COREP, FINREP etc
- Optimisation of financial resources – capital, liquidity, RWA, LBS etc.
- A first level university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above is common but not compulsory
- An accounting qualification (ACA, ACMA, ACCA) applied in a financial institution would be beneficial, but not essential
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.