Internal Audit Lead
Sema4 is a patient–centered health intelligence company founded on the idea that more information, deeper analysis, and increased engagement will improve the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Sema4 is dedicated to transforming healthcare by building dynamic models of human health and defining optimal, individualized health trajectories, starting in the areas of reproductive health and oncology. Centrellis???, our innovative health intelligence platform, is enabling us to generate a more complete understanding of disease and wellness and to provide science–driven solutions to the most pressing medical needs. Sema4 believes that patients should be treated as partners, and that data should be shared for the benefit of all.
Our Compliance team is seeking a talented Internal Auditor Lead. The purpose of this role is to provide highly skilled support for development and implementation of the internal audit and risk management program. Responsibilities require leadership and project management experience, as well as expertise to ensure effective system–wide analysis, standards and testing, risk assessment, awareness and education, development of policies, standards and guidelines.
The Internal Auditor Lead is responsible for providing leadership and coaching to Sema4, ensuring the quality and timely execution of SOX controls testing that will be relied upon by management for decision–making and attestations. The responsibility includes assisting the CEO and CFO with Sema4's internal control structure and accuracy, documentation and submission of all financial reports to the SEC.
- Coordinate client initiated and third–party SOX and financial controls audits (SOX, PCI) including the delivery of audit evidence and determined remediation measures to maintain company compliance.
- Perform internal audits to verify controls are being followed per guidelines (such as FISMA, SOX and PCI).
- Provide guidance, evaluation and advocacy on audit responses.
- Establish, maintain and evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls; report on the effectiveness of their internal controls based on the evaluation; Create and update policies and procedures as needed based on regulation changes and business needs.
- Assist with developing and deploying SOX control questionnaires to internal stakeholders
- Provide information and recommendations to the Executive team on upcoming compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Work with executives and management team to ensure timely execution of audit deliverables.
- Recommend programmatic and technical directions and operate with a high degree of independence in matters relating to the investigation, impact, and analysis of security incidents, decisions regarding risk, and measures for computer and network security.
- Prepare documentation for the tracking, monitoring, and escalation of risk related issues to management.
- Gather and organize data to monitor and test effectiveness of key controls.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Management, Information Technology or other related field experience and 5 years works experience in a Healthcare or Fintech internal audit, risk and governance
- Experience performing internal audits and risk assessments (SOX, Financial controls) for CRM, ERP and ecommerce applications and services
- Strong understanding of fundamental financial controls and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Experience with SOX control platforms (Netsuite Sarbox compliance engine, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with Finance, IT, governance, risk, and compliance management in a large global environment is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong work ethic with attention to detail.
- Ability to excel in a fast–paced and rapidly changing environment.