The Assistant Accountant role within the companies Accountancy department based in Coventry will cover all aspects of finance, supporting the Finance Manager with month end preparation. The role requires someone Part Qualified or who possesses sufficient practical exposure to the duties outlined below.
My client is a thriving organisation based in Coventry who require an Assistant Accountant to provide some ongoing temporary support for their Accountancy function. The business provide a variety of business services to its clients within the Property and Housing sector and are highly respected as the go to for sector specific advice and guidance.
The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for:
- Management of the companies Accounts Payable ledger, processing invoices, statement reconciliations and supplier payments
- Management of the companies Sales Ledger, raising and issuing invoices, bank reconciliations, credit control activity and allocation of all customer payments to correct accounts
- Support the Finance Manager with month end preparation
- Journals accruals and prepayments
- Prepare Cashflow and Aged debtor reports
- Support in the production of management accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliations
To be successful the ideal candidate needs exposure within the above Finance and Accountancy tasks and will need to be a self starter as the role will involve remote working from home.
Remote working, Laptop and Monitor provided, Competitive rate of pay,