Fund Finance Assistant
Acting as a key member of the Finance team contributing to the daily operational support and administration of nominated Funds and Group entities, reporting to a Fund Financial Controller and Fund Associate Director
A leading fund manager within the infrastructure & energy space in UK & Europe. A successful and growing business, in the 12 years since its establishment, the team has raised over £5.0 billion of equity through five core funds and multiple managed accounts.
Timely and accurate processing of transactions across designated Fund entities to include:
- Processing payments and coordinating payment runs on a weekly basis
- Performing monthly bank reconciliations
- Filing of bank statements and invoices
- Raising invoices for fees and recharging relevant expenses
- Maintaining the cashbook for bank transactions
- Posting cash journals from the cashbook to SUN
- Assisting with calculations and preparation of management accounts
- Reconciliation of intercompany balances
Financial Statutory Reporting and Tax Compliance:
- Assist in the preparation of year-end audit files;
- Assist with compiling supporting documents for year-end audits.
- Filing confirmation statements to Companies House.
- Timely and accurate preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Assist with review of annual corporate and partnership tax computations.
- Overseeing the iXBRL tagging process.
- Preparation of investor drawdown, equalisation and distribution notices
- Preparation of quarterly investor statements
- Assist with ad-hoc investor requests
Provision of further ad hoc/ongoing tasks
- Maintenance of Fund/group structure charts
- Assisting with the completion of new investment take on checklists
- Extracting relevant cashflows from financial models that are then used by the wider business
Assisting with the review of project model updates and assessing IRR variances
- 2:1 or above at degree level, strong A levels (A-B) and GCSE's
- Previous finance/accountancy experience (6-12 months+), working within funds/financial services would be preferable.
- Studying or looking to study towards a professional accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA)
- Quick learner, with confidence to work independently
- Diligent work ethic and ability to prioritise the processing of large volumes of transactions
- Strong excel skills and keen attention to detail
- Team player with excellent organisational skills
- Good telephone manner and written skills
Looking to pay up to £27,000 + Full Study Support + Disc Bonus (typical 25%-50% of gross salary)