Head of Finance and Operations
- Location: BIGD, Mohakhali, Dhaka
- Accounts and Finance:
- Finalize quarterly and annual financial statements including comparatives, analyze financial ratios, investigate unusual trends to explore root causes and explain it to senior management.
- Liaise with BRAC University Finance and Accounts depatetment for the preparation of consolidated Fianancial Statements in accordance with University Grant Commission's and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports and advise management on critical matters.
- Ensure Tax & VAT compliance with relevant income tax and VAT acts
- Forecast, prepare and revise the annual budget of the organization in line with BRAC University's budget guideline.
- Finalize research budget in consultation with the research team and make sure the budget covers all research activities, staff time and overhead.
- Compile and communicate necessary due diligence documents to donors on-demand and prompt response to any related query.
- Make sure the organization's activities comply with relevant rules, donor obligations, and BRAC University policies. Flag well ahead of any possible deviation from standards.
- Check the financial viability of any new project and provide constructive advise to the management.
- Coordinate with internal and external audit teams, replying to audit queries and implement audit recommendations.
- Support leadership team with data-driven analysis. Continuously improve the finanial system for increasing its effectiveness, in line with the overall organizational objectives.
- Administration and others:
- Supervise the admin team and make sure the administrative functions are operating smoothly.
- Confirm maximum utilization of fixed assets and maintain an appropriate register. Asset acquisition and retirement are appropriately dealt with and accounted for as per organization policy and IFRS standards.
- Liaise with the procurement unit of BRAC University and process purchase requisitions, ensure goods and services delivery on time.
- Supervise HR colleagues and confirm that staff and faculty contracts are issued in compliance with the HR policy and donors obligations. Ensure appropriate record keeping for HR issues and prepare management reports on demand.
- Appraise staff performance annually and initiate a timely renewal of their contracts. Advise management on critical HR issues.
- Supervise ICT team and ensure instant IT support to colleagues. Forecast IT resource requirement and make sure that resources are available when necessary. Ensure data back-up and security.
- Finalize contracts in consultation with legal, finance, and research team and make sure the organizations interested is protected.
- Persons must have MBA (major in Finance or Accounts)/ACA/FCA/FCMA/CIMA or any other relevant professional certification.
- At least 6 year(s)
- At least six year's relevant experience in a managerial position.
- Experiences in the development sector and managing international donors are preferable.
- Good interpersonal skills and relationship with others and communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of MS office.
- Strong sense of managing work in time and speed.
- Interested candidates are highly encouraged to apply.