- Part Time, 22.8 hours per week ( 3 days per week)
- Located at our Dandenong Office
- Salary packaging is offered with this position
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Bookkeeper supports the Finance and Regional teams by ensuring that the accurate and timely recording and reconciliation of all financial data and data entry are effectively recorded in the region. The role reports to the Regional Accounting Manager and works closely under the guidance of the Financial Controller and in collaboration with the broader Central Finance team to ensure all systems within the region comply with the appropriate financial governance, accounting standards and organisational policies and procedures.
This role is responsible for providing business support to the Program Managers by ongoing assistance in preparing, reviewing, monitoring and reconciling accounts, statements and invoices to assist the Regional Accounting Manager with the preparation of accurate financial reports.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Previous experience in a similar role within a community services organisation would be highly regarded
- General knowledge and experience of accounting procedures and reporting packages such as experience Excel and Converga
- Strong computing skills in full suite of Microsoft Office and proficient in the use of spreadsheets
- Demonstrated understanding of accurate data analysis and reconciliation procedures
- Strong administrative and procedural skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Sound stakeholder management and the ability to build and maintain strong, credible relationships
- Ability to be self-directed and work autonomously
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in a relevant finance, accounting or commerce or working towards achieving this
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with
Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Position Description: PD - Bookkeeper - parttime - SOUTH - Feb 2021.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact: Luisa Diaz-Zeledon, Regional Accountant on 03 9781 6771 (no recruitment agencies please).
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.