Hotel Accountant (12 months fixed term contract)
The main responsibility of the Hotel Accountant is to undertake month end accounting and reporting for a number of centralised hotels.
For all matters the Hotel Accountant reports directly to the Hotel Accountant Manager (HAM). In addition, there will be a dotted reporting line to the Divisional Financial Controller (DFC). In addition to this reporting line there is an important relationship in terms of working in conjunction with the GM’s and Administrators of the Hotels to ensure all the demands of finance are being met.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Revenue validation and posting of all revenue journals into the accounting system.
- Cash control including preparation and posting of bank reconciliations, cash & credit card reconciliations
- Prepare monthly P&L accounts (actual vs budget) for allocated hotels
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, ensuring variances and areas of risk are identified and actioned appropriately
- To prepare monthly/quarterly VAT returns and assist with VAT inspections as required.
- Preparation of year end audit files, and liaising with auditors.
- Preparation and return of National Statistics returns.
- Preparation & submission of brand franchise returns
- Maintenance of hotel pay in books and cheque deposits
- To support other members of the finance team (Purchase Ledger) with problem areas/hotels.
- To support GMs & hotel personnel to understand and interpret financial reporting, including hotel finance training requirements
- To attend hotel visits (post COVID) for training and stewardship purposes.
- Assisting with ad hoc finance related tasks as and when required
Where will you be working?
Remotely at the moment but once we can return to the office you will be working at our friendly head office in Glasgow. Our open plan offices are warm and inviting and your desk will be amongst some great people who work in functions like marketing, finance, HR and property. There is a kitchen on site with access to all appliances as well as complimentary fruit to ensure you are getting your 5 a day.
What are we looking for?
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work to and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Finance experience essential
- Finance qualifications are desirable but not essential.
- Would suit part qualified or someone who would like to work towards finance qualification.
RBH is a Platinum Trainee ACCA Approved Employer and can offer study sponsorship towards an ACCA qualification.
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.