Senior Accountant - Atlanta
Our client, an established multi–million–dollar brand in the food production and distribution industry, headquartered in Atlanta, is seeking to a Senior Accountant to join its Finance team.
The position is open due to continued growth due to both organic and acquisition–based expansion. This position will support the Corporate Controller. The Senior Accountant is responsible for supporting period–end closes, accounting reconciliations, variance analysis, ad–hoc projects and financial analyses.
- Prepares weekly reporting to summarize current and projected company financial position to include but is not limited to; gross margin analysis, labor variance reporting, yield reporting, expense analysis and management of the trial balance.
- Accounting duties to include reconciling inventory, compile financial information and performing month end close tasks.
- Reviews the weekly margin reporting and develops and maintains item maintenance cost calculations for all items. Ensures the inventory tracking system (database) is updated and calculates all costs accurately.
- Monitors internal control and risk assurance activities and ensures compliance with basic accounting principles and company procedures.
- Identifies trends and makes recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
- Analyzes data and develops reporting for management use as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree of Accounting
- CPA certification or demonstrated progression towards CPA
- Three plus years of previous accounting experience with an understanding of cost accounting, internal controls, and a level of understanding of information technology or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Must have knowledge of general ledger accounting, cost accounting and analysis, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and internal control analysis and implementation. Experience manipulating large amounts of data.