Part-Time Payroll Manager
The client is a well-known luxury retail brand, that are based in South West London (Victoria), and they are looking for a Part-Time Payroll Manager to join the business. The successful candidate must have previous experience with an ADP system, and the role is for 25 hour week.
The client is a world renowned retail brand that are based in South West London (Victoria). The company are looking for a Part-Time Payroll Manager to join the team in order to manage the entire payroll function. The role will sit partly in the finance team and partly in the HR side and will report directly to the head of Finance and Head of HR. The role will be a sole-role, covering both UK and Irish payroll and will have a Payroll of over 250 people.
The successful Part-Time Payroll manager will:
- To effectively manage the relationship with the payroll bureau, working to ensure the smooth running of the monthly payroll, adhering to strict deadlines and promoting accuracy.
- Full accountability for the processing and administering of all aspects of payroll and benefits, with transparent processes and effective audit trails.
- Responsible for the maintenance and security of HR data held within ADP in line with GDPR regulations.
- Checking of monthly payroll for sign off, salary BACS submissions and all third-party payments ensuring all transactions are auditable.
- To lead with finance the monthly auditing of payroll input and output, working to identify and implement different audits to ensure payroll accuracy and integrity.
- Reconciliation of all aspects of payroll and benefits and to provide assistance to the Management Accountant and external Auditors with payroll related audit checks.
- Ensure the completion of monthly payroll including the administration of auto-enrolled pension contributions and associated communications.
- Maintaining the understanding and insight needed to ensure payroll accuracy across the Company.
- Full accountability over the payroll system and process with the ability to develop our current ones and work with the business to offer improvements.
- Act as first point of contact for all Payroll related queries promoting full transparency in regard to errors and working to drive solutions.
- Manage consolidation payments such as P11d's, P45's and P46's.
- Compile statutory and regulatory reporting.
- Responsible for finalising the tax year end in accordance with all timetables and deadlines.
- Interpreting and applying all internal policies and Government Legislation to ensure payroll transactions are made in accordance with them.
- Working with the ADP representative to ensure that all statutory information (such as RTI) is recorded accurately and submitted on time.
- Working collaboratively with the wider HR team to improve knowledge and awareness of payroll related process.
- Responsible for the effective implementation of annual payroll system upgrades and to continually review new functionality to enhance internal processes.
- Ensure that the payroll function is proactive and plans ahead to ensure changes in legislation and taxation rules are anticipated and plans are in place.
The successful Part-Time Payroll Manager will:
- Experience of a similar role within a multi-site retail business.
- Experience working with ADP is a must.
- Experience of managing furlough calculations and claims through the Job retention scheme.
- Relevant payroll or finance qualification.
- Demonstrable experience with payroll and HR systems. Able to identify opportunities for system improvements and to collaborate with system representatives to enable and manage change.
- Experience of pension administration, liaising directly with the pension provider.
- Excellent reporting capabilities, experience of producing payroll journals for finance.
- Excellent prioritisation skills, able to define and work to own agenda to meet payroll deadlines.
- Knowledge of HR and organisational policies that impact on payroll.
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work on own initiative and manage workload.
- Advanced excel skills, able to use an array of formulas to streamline processes.
- Demonstrable ability to respond quickly and effectively to change e.g. legislation, system, processes and deadlines.
- Excellent written, as well as verbal communication skills, able to explain answers to payroll queries clearly and concisely.
- Confident and able to build sustainable and productive relationships with internal clients and is organised and methodical in approach to work.
- A team player able to collaborate and drive innovation.
- Is willing to take on new responsibilities and challenges to lead a forward-thinking payroll function, encouraging new ideas and ways of working to aid effectiveness and efficiency with a focus on continuous improvement to drive enhancements to the service.
- £35,000 - £40,000 (pro-rata)
- 25 hours per week
- Staff Discount
- 23 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)