Sr. Consultant, Investor Accounting, Hedge Fund Services
The Fund Administration group for HFS is responsible for providing hedge fund clients with a range of back office services, such as monthly NAV calculations, including complex management and performance fees, production of annual financial statements and provision of audit support, and investor services functions such as processing of investor subscriptions and redemptions. Focus of the role is combining technical accounting expertise (primarily investment company accounting under US GAAP) and client service skills in support of a single strategic hedge fund client.
- Review of monthly fund and business entity closing summaries.
- Close monthly books and records of the funds.
- Prepare monthly fund investor allocations.
- Prepare annual financial statements for funds, including calculation of financial highlights.
- Work directly with external auditors to ensure accuracy of each fund’s annual financial statements.
- Process/review investor capital activity and respond to investor inquiries.
- Prepare, review and distribute investor statements and contract notes.
- Review fund documents in order to interpret and execute allocation and fee calculation requirements.
- Interact with client and other Hedge Fund Services teams to obtain understanding of funds’ activities and troubleshoot issues.
- Work closely with allocation vendor and internal technology resources to troubleshoot issues and scope new or desired functionality.
- Consistently look to streamline and automate the reporting/analytical process with the use of technology.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Accounting strongly preferred.
- Relevant proven work experience is preferred.
- Related Industry qualification (e.g. CPA) is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Works independently to problem-solve and resolve issues with limited guidance.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change within a fast-paced environment.
- Technical skills / systems knowledge (e.g. Accounting / Excel) is required.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.