CFO Advisory Opportunity
CFO Advisory Services teams leverage their extensive industry and technical expertise and bring together global, multi-disciplinary teams to help our clients navigate the complex finance issues facing their business.
The CFO Advisory team specialises in supporting our clients in delivering accounting and regulatory change and in implementing finance transformation.
Within EY, CFO Advisory operates across a global network and in Ireland has a dedicated team focusing on Financial Services clients.
The opportunityWe are interested in meeting with strong candidates who are looking to move out of industry into practice, or from audit into advisory or consultancy services. You will play a key role in supporting development of new and existing client relationships and delivering a first-class customer experience on high-profile engagements. In return, for helping us build a better working world you can expect excellent career opportunities within a high growth and collaborative environment.
Our opportunities will allow you to apply your financial accounting, regulatory reporting or change expertise in the advisory space, work on a variety of projects and offer you flexibility and excellent career progression opportunities.
Your key responsibilities
- Research and resolution of technical accounting and/or regulatory issues;
- Work with client financial and regulatory reporting teams to help deliver financial information and to improve reporting processes;
- Assist in providing technical support to ad-hoc accounting and regulatory queries from clients and internal staff in other service lines and across EMEIA;
- Assist clients with the implementation of new or revised accounting standards such as IFRS 17, GAAP conversions and regulatory change such as Solvency II;
- Support the planning, execution and delivery of engagements including financial transformations;
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress;
- Assist in developing finance change client solutions;
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery; and
- Build strong internal relationships within Assurance and across other service lines.
To qualify for the role you must have
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major, as well as ACA or ACCA certification;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as an auditor for a public accounting firm, and/or industry experience within banking, aircraft leasing, wealth and asset management or insurance;
- Excellent project management skills with experience in finance transformation advantageous;
- Excel Macro Programming experience desirable but not a prerequisite;
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills;
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership; and
- Integrity within a professional environment.
What we look forWe’re interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities and listen to clients to get things done. We’re not just looking for technical accounting experience — we are interested in people with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative new ways, and a strong willingness to learn and contribute to the growth of the team.
What working at EY offersWe offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.