Core Operations, AVP
The position is in the Oversight Team within Enterprise Reconciliation. This Team supports the Operation by analyzing data for trends and determining root causes to reconciliation defects. This position is to work on a team that’s focus is on Operational Controls and Resolution for State Street globally. You will partner with Business Leaders within North America to drive execution of the program.
- Manage reconciliations team to ensure cash reconciliations are conducted in an efficient, timely manner to a high standard
- Ensure 50% of time is invested in day to day production while being responsible for daily review of all exceptions, and publishing MIS to all required stake holders
- Work closely with the team to support in reconciling variances and Identify areas for productivity and cost improvement and support the implementation of process improvements
- Work closely with the Ops leads in identifying the root cause of the issues and work in creating solutions
- Management and resolution of aged breaks by escalating significant discrepancies to respective OCR representatives and management team for research and resolution from time to time, arrange calls to discuss the status quo and drive for closure
- Input in development of existing processes, reports and systems to facilitate ongoing improvement in efficiency and quality of reconciliations processes
- Be a single point of contact to manage information flows to and from other areas of finance and the business to resolve reconciliation queries
- Stakeholder Management – Daily in terms of exception management, performance, feedback etc.
- Act as representative of reconciliation team for projects and change processes impacting banking and reconciliation processes
- Development of ongoing training for all members of the bank reconciliation team to ensure suitable skill set and ongoing personal development
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- Maintain working knowledge of overall process operating model and assists with deployment of operational changes
- Perform any other relevant responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time
- Strong presentation & communication skills.
- Ability to influence staff in delivering good results and drive performance.
- Ability to lead knowledge enhancement of staff on reconciliation products/ practices and accounting principles.
- Good people management skills with ability to manage teams
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement.
- Highly responsive and responsible.
Role Related Aspects:
- General knowledge of Ledger, Accounting and Audit background, Experience on TLM reconciliation
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.