Manager - Indirect Tax Karachi
Manager - Indirect Tax
- Ensure timely tax compliance of assigned clients with the Federal and provincial tax authorities.
- Preparation of tax opinion/advices including research and analysis.
- Attending and managing notices, appeals and other routine and non-routine tax litigations.
- Review of monthly sales tax returns / statements to be filed with Federal and Provincial tax authorities.
- Tax due diligence
Typical day at work
- Ensure proper compliance of notices and other litigations.
- Preparation of routine and non-routine tax opinions and advices
- Manage indirect tax compliance services including returns etc.
- Analysis of information to defend the tax notices, appeals etc.
- Analysis of records for the purpose of tax audits.
- Deal with the tax authorities and clients as per engagement terms
- Representing clients before Federal and provincial tax authorities.
- Attend meetings with the clients to discuss their routine and routine tax matters.
- Participate in Special projects including transaction structuring, due diligence, tax position analysis etc.
- Liaison with the external legal counsel of clients, where requested.
- Develop co-operation and excellent working interfaces with the clients
- Preparation and filing of tax proposals
- Any other tasks assigned by the firm
- CA/ CA Finalist or ACCA or LLB
- Preferably minimum three years exclusively in indirect tax services.
Functional Skills / Knowledge Areas
- Excellent knowledge of Indirect Tax laws.
- Excellent communication, time management and analytical skills
- High level understanding of other laws.
- Excellent Financial and Tax Accounting concepts.
- Ability to interpret and analyses financial data.
- Excellent soft skills
- Command on oral and written English.
- Fluency in English speaking.
- Strong drafting skills.
- Strong inter- personal skills.