Project Control Financial Analyst
This is a great opportunity to apply education and skills and gain insight into corporate finance. This position will contribute to the overall success of Viaero Wireless while learning the business and reporting to the CFO. This position is based in our Corporate Office in Fort Morgan, Colorado.
Role and Responsibilities
- Conduct financial statement analysis, management reporting, variance analysis, budgeting and long–range planning using knowledge and understanding of finance, economic and accounting principles and practices, and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Pay attention to detail and is alert to business changes and how they might affect our financial statements in the future. Plugs into the business appropriately to identify and communicate the story behind the numbers.
- Learn new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Contribute to Project Planning including work with other team members to prepare detailed plans for new projects, determining resource allocation, deliverable timelines, and possible issues. May also conduct a feasibility analysis to ensure consistency with business demands.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reports as needed to support government programs
- Spreadsheet modeling
- Performing additional duties as required
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Finance or Accounting) or close to obtaining
- Detailed understanding of Project Management and Control techniques, including procedures, processes and reports.
- CPA designation or progress towards CPA designation is preferred
- Polished interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic. Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask. Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present information. Strong attention to detail is a must. Ability to assist in responding to common inquiries from Executive Team and management.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports. Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematical skills. Ability to calculate and interpret commonly used financial concepts such as IRR, NPV, Return on Investment, and Balance Sheet metrics. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to prepare analysis, reports, and communication documents.
- Knowledge of computer systems and MS Office applications with particular importance on advanced Excel skills. Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
Must have and maintain a valid driver's license, pass pre–employment background check, MVR check, and pre–employment drug screen
Comprehensive benefits package includes health insurance benefits (Medical, Vision and Dental), Short–term Disability, Life Insurance, free phone/service, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) with company match, vacation, sick leave and holiday pay.