This is an opportunity for someone who is experienced with rents and calculating service charges to join an established organisation with a real sense of family feel and teamwork. They are looking for a proactive and enthusiastic client accountant who is used to working to deadlines and has great attention to detail, and has experience of Qube software.
Our client is a property and housing company based in Borehamwood who we have worked closely with over the last few years in the finance function. They are a prestigious company who have worked in the field for many years and have a strong reputation in the industry, looking for someone to join them as soon as possible on a temporary to permanent basis.
- Ensure all service charge demands, budgets, accounts, payments, reconciliations, accrual and prepayments, and year-end adjustments are processed in accordance with best practice/lease. Enter service charge budgets into the system.
- Bring all financial information up to date on existing clients and all new clients.
- Prepare service charge monthly/quarterly variance analysis, highlighting the reasons behind all material variances to budget, forecast and prior year.
- Manage the sinking funds accounts in line with RICS codes of conduct and ensure that appropriate controls are in place.
- Production of annual service charge statements, ensuring that the results are accurate, timely and correctly reflect the prevailing accounting standards and RICS code of practice.
- Reconciling and calculating the year end service charges, monitoring outgoing costs and budgetary control.
- Maintain detailed records of transactions in accordance with regulation.
- Ensure all financial details are recorded accurately.
- Ensuring that all monies received and expended on behalf of company clients are accounted for correctly
- Develop relationships with the key stakeholders both external and internal to improve communication and ensure accuracy, relevance and timeliness of service charge statements.
- Accruals, prepayments, processing journals and running month end reports
- Updating and maintaining the property management accounting systems and other databases
- Prepare the year-end service charge accountants to Trail Balance for submission to the External Accountants
The successful client accountant will:
- Have great attention to detail
- Have used Qube software
- Have strong service charge experience
- Have strong knowledge of sales ledger
- Be confident working in a team and alone
- Be organised and efficient
- Have up to date legislation knowledge
- Have experience of calculating actual and estimate service charges
A competitive salary within a friendly and supportive organisation, generous holiday allowance alongside many other benefits is on offer for this client accountant, with a permanent role at the end of the assignment if a good job is done.