Global Accounting Operations_Balance Sheet Substantiation – Emerging Lead
Background:Driven by the State Street Beacon initiative, functionalization of corporate functions and re-alignment of the Finance operating model, State Street has established Global Accounting Operations (GAO) in 2017. GAO is a process-driven function responsible for all record-to-report (R2R) processes within Controllers including:
- Integrated close and intercompany
- Revenue accounting
- Expense accounting
- Specialized product accounting
- Cash and deposit governance
- Accounts payable
- Project accounting
- Balance sheet substantiation and system to system reconciliations
- Transfer pricing
- Client profitability
- Management allocations
- Financial Systems Support
- Global GAO Hub in Bangalore, India (captive)
- GAO Production Hub in Coimbatore and Chennai (State Street/HCL JV)
- EMEA Regional GAO Hub in Krakow, Poland (captive)
- APAC Regional GAO Hub in Hangzhou, China (captive)
- Emerging lead in this role will be responsible for supporting the preparation and review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Partners with Line manager to drive process improvements, controls and process automation.
- Successful delivery of the Balance Sheet Substantiation Remediation Project for the assigned region.
- Continuous process improvement leveraging GAO ideation and maintain tracking frameworks.
- Partners with Line managers to drive process and controls improvements and process automation.
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Finance or MBA
- 4-6 years of progressive experience in Balance Sheet Substantiation, Accounting Operations, Controllers, Business Controls, Finance & Risk Assurance.
- Experience in Balance sheet reconciliations process in a Shared Services environment a plus
- Experience and knowledge of the US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
- Hands on experience in creating and maintaining strong controls environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio),
- Knowledge of Hyperion Essbase, Oracle Financials a plus
- Pride of ownership with the ability to deliver high quality results timely
- Strong attention to details
- Problem solving skill
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment