IT Audit Consultant
RGP is a global consulting firm helping some of the most recognized companies in the world work differently. Our success comes from a shared belief in rolling up our sleeves and doing the hard work of solving complex challenges, executing plans and implementing technology to help transform organizations.
Working as a consultant you will be connected to work that matters, putting your expertise to its best use while developing skills for the future. The result is a career defined by you, supported by RGP and built on tangible accomplishments.
As we continue to grow and deepen our impact on organizations around the world, we are looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you are interested in being part of our team, there are a few things you should know:
- We are energized by challenges and the effort needed to solve them.
- We like working with people who are positive, adaptable and growth–minded.
- We care how work gets accomplished and are deeply invested in the success of our clients and our colleagues.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to read on and learn more.
THE RGP CONSULTING EXPERIENCE
RGP has a unique consulting model that provides opportunities for consultants to work in different ways. Most consultants work in a model where they have the flexibility and autonomy to choose projects aligning to their experience, skills and desired lifestyle. Other opportunities exist in team–based, strategy and solutions work. In all models, you will feel the full support of RGP to assist you in your work and guide you on your chosen path.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As an IT Audit Consultant, you will assist our clients across multiple industries and provide a variety of IT advisory services related to internal control, risk management, IT controls and related standards (Sarbanes–Oxley, FISCAM, FISMA, NIST, COBIT). In this role, you will identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement.
ATTRIBUTES OF CONSULTANTS WITH RGP
- Respect for people and opinions and confidently offer your point–of–view with clients and among colleagues
- A drive for proactively cultivating relationships with clients and colleagues
- Optimism when faced with challenges and complex situations, coupled with the drive to solve client issues
- Dedication to continuous improvement and development of your skillset and talents
- A strong personal identification with RGP's values – loyalty, integrity, focus, enthusiasm, accountability and talent
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Conduct confidential and/or complex technology, operational, and integrated audits under the general direction of audit leadership and management
- Lead efforts to monitor compliance to control objectives across IT, analyze current controls, identify process inefficiencies, and provide suggestions to improve internal controls
- Perform timely review of system control narratives, periodic maintenance work papers, and other documentation
- Evaluate and review IT general controls, financial controls, application controls, and report baseline testing to identify opportunities to mitigate emerging risk, strengthen controls, and improve operational efficiency
- Produce a high–quality end–product that clearly documents the audit results, including comments on the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls and processes being audited
- Demonstrate good judgment in evaluating the results of audits and in developing and presenting remediation solutions where control weaknesses and root causes have been identified
- Assess risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non–compliance, evaluating manual and automated processes, and identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or other relevant areas of study required; Master's Degree preferred
- CISA, CIA, CPA, PMP, CISM, CRISC, CIPP/IT certifications a plus
- 5–plus years of experience with functional and technical aspects of IT compliance and auditing principles, preferably with a Big 4 firm or with the internal audit department
- Experience in detailed audit program preparation, documentation of business processes, testing of internal controls and documentation
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT General Computer Controls, including Information Security, Information System Operations, Vendor Management, Business Continuity, Networks, Database, System Software, Hardware, and Application Development controls
- Business process review and re–engineering experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
RGP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.