Cost Accountant will support Plant Controller with the development and accuracy of Production Standards, Bill–of–Materials, Costing Model/Pricing and Manufacturing Cost True–Ups. Will serve as a steward of internal cost controls and efforts aimed to improve profitability through lean operations methods, acquiring an in–depth knowledge of manufacturing processes and cost containment/tracking.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following:
- Prepare and analyze production variance data/reports (yields, labor, inventory adjustments) and track/trend plant performance to standards
- Develop in concert with Operations yield, labor and throughput standards.
- Maintain BOM's and validate accuracy
- Develop and maintain costing models and costing estimates for customer quotes/bids, as well as quarterly and/or annual pricing or performance reviews.
- Partner with Sales, Commercialization, Procurement and R&D on new projects and their test and trial coordination.
- Independently reach out to plant personnel across all functional areas to conduct root–cause analysis in response to discrepancies and communicate variance concerns
- Generate monthly manufacturing true–up calculations for co–manufacturing customers
- Perform ad–hoc duties including analysis in support of ongoing business needs
- Generate and report on monthly PPV reporting for Plover and all other facilities.
- Support validation and tracking of multiple savings initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate will have the Following Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field of study
- Demonstrated abilities to accurately translate and record data for business analysis
- Proficient with a variety of computer applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, and specialized software designed to facilitate the tracking of raw materials, finished goods and inventory.
- Hands–on experience preparing financial spreadsheets and extracting data from databases to prepare reports for analysis.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to support all inter–related functions with strong customer service techniques, practices and principles.
- Strong ability to plan and organize work to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively perform multiple, concurrent tasks with constant interruptions.
- Experience working in plant environment preferred
- Experience costing bill of materials preferred
- Advanced user of Excel preferred
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at an intermediate level