New York City, NY
In a world of exponential change, ???BCW is a creative business that ???solves complex problems ???by #Moving People. This starts with our people.
Across our global team, we share a common practice: cultivating an open, curious mindset that is committed to growing. We create, contribute and challenge, but we don't conform.
Our core belief is that the growth of our people fuels the growth of our clients, which powers the growth of our agency. No one aspect of BCW stands alone – when everything is growing together, anything is possible.
At BCW, Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (I.D.E.A.) are embedded into everything we do for our people, agency, clients and communities we serve. We wholly believe that creating truly inclusive and innovative solutions by growing talent that mirrors the marketplace is critical to our success. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from underrepresented talent across all dimensions of race/ethnicity, LGBTQ, differently abled and veteran status to come and grow with us.
As a Senior Accountant you will be an integral member of the Finance Department of the Worldwide Headquarters group. The ideal candidate will be highly ambitious with a keen attention to detail, superior organizational and communication skills, and the ability to work with confidential information. You will be working in a close–knit finance team that provides cross–training between the group. In addition, you will be working and communicating with local finance teams around the world.
The finance team at BCW is the backbone of our success which allows our teams to deliver award winning work for clients around the globe. We are an extremely collaborative group and expect everyone to be a team player and be able to multi–task. We look for people who are self–driven and have a passion to grow their skills and knowledge in the financial field.
What you will do???
- Collaborate with other members of the Worldwide Headquarters Finance group, including local finance teams in Asia–Pacific, EMEA, Latin America, and North America regions.
- Review monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting, including review of the income statement, balance sheet, and analysis schedules.
- Ensure accuracy of financial data being reported to our parent company.
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures, which includes compiling and submitting monthly journal entries with appropriate support.
- Provide assistance to all markets on our general ledger system for month end close.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for balance sheet and profit and loss accounts.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Assist in the preparation and coordination for internal and external audits.
- Special projects and ad hoc requests as required.
Who you will be???
- Bachelors or Masters degree in accounting or finance; CPA a plus
- 5–7 years of experience in accounting/ finance
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and Word
?? Strong in financial accounting, internal control system and technically competent
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills with a flexible interpersonal style to clearly present ideas both verbally and in writing
- Dissatisfaction with status quo; always looking for a better way to accomplish goals
- Ability to work independently and/or part of a team to complete multiple projects on time
- Familiarity with financial accounting and reporting systems (Maconomy, SAP BFC, Hyperion, etc.) a plus
More about BCW:
BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe) is one of the world's largest full–service global communications agencies. BCW delivers digitally and data–driven creative content and integrated communications solutions grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), the world's leader in communications services.
??? BCW Mission:
To act. To inspire. To change. We take an analytical approach to obsess over every detail, then add real emotion and creativity to connect with people's lives and their communities. We're #MovingPeople – join us.
BCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MF/Disability/Vet, and we are proud of our diverse workforce.