Cronin is a top independent creative marketing agency with deep health care, financial services, and consumer experience based in central Connecticut. We're building on our 75–year history of innovation, smarts, and award winning creative to offer an end–to–end client experience.
You have an outgoing personality, are super detail oriented and accurate. You are passionate about accounting and enjoy making a difference, working alongside people who are smart and caring. You are proactive and contribute to the success of the team and agency through bringing forward fresh perspective and new ideas. You are an excellent communicator.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for executing and assisting in many aspects of the day–to–day financial operations of the agency by accurately recording revenues, expenditures, assets and liabilities. The Staff Accountant touches many aspects of the agency's financial operations, including billing, cash management, general ledger analysis and reporting, taxes, and fixed assets.
Billing and Client Financial Support:
- Monitors status of accumulated time and expenses on client jobs to ensure that costs are promptly billed. Alerts Brand Management team and Senior Accounting Manager when significant cost overages are noted.
- Monitors and analyzes client budgets and estimates to determine future billing.
- Creates, finalizes and distributes client production billing, working with the Brand Management team and Senior Accounting Manager.
- Creates, finalizes and reconciles client pre–billed media invoices for assigned clients, supported by the Accounting Associate and Senior Accounting Manager.
- Routinely reconciles production pre–bills to actual OOP costs incurred, working with the Senior Accounting Manager and Brand Management team to finalize and communicate results to clients.
- Assists Brand Management team and Senior Accounting Manager in the creation and maintenance of budget variance and other client facing reports.
- Prepares daily cash report and updates weekly cash flow forecast, providing information to Senior Accounting Manager.
- Creates General Ledger journal entries for income and expenses that effect daily cash report.
- Prepares monthly reconciliations for all bank accounts, reporting discrepancies to Senior Accounting Manager.
- Enter select vendor invoices and employee expense reports supported by the Accounting Associate.
- Gathers electronic media vendor invoices from broadcast internet sites and create digital documents.
- Processes select purchase card statement activity obtaining proper receipts/invoices and approvals.
- Prepares monthly client income reports and reconcile sales journal to income statement.
- Assist with monthly analysis of select General Ledger expense and balance sheet accounts.
- Prepares quarterly expense forecasting for select General Ledger accounts.
- Assists Senior Accounting Manager with annual financial audit preparation and administration.
Taxes & Reporting
- Prepares monthly sales tax spreadsheet and assists Senior Accounting Manager with sales and use tax reporting and return preparation.
- Obtains and maintains files of W–4 forms from vendors.
- Assist with annual preparation of 1099 forms.
Fixed Asset Management
- Analyze fixed asset purchases and activity.
- Track and record fixed asset dispositions and perform physical inventory as needed.
- Update fixed assets schedules and communicate changes to Senior Accounting Manager.
In addition, the position involves other duties such as:
- Performs follow–up on accounts receivable assigned by Senior Accounting Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred.
- 2–5 years hands on experience in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Experience in an advertising agency or professional services environment preferred.
- Excellent technology skills and ability to work with automated Accounting Software system.
- Well organized, flexible, detail–oriented.
- Able to work independently, meet deadlines and regularly produce a high volume of work, rapidly and accurately.
- Good communication and people skills. Able to work well as part of a team.
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Accounting theory.