Controller Job Functions
- Oversee the management of day–to–day accounting responsibilities including the management of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and collections.
- Ensure all client deposits are made.
- Prepare weekly cash disbursements to pay client expenses, in accordance with the company's budget.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations.
- Cash flow planning and management.
- Create accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for internal leadership team, and ad hoc reports as requested.
- Set and manage annual and monthly revenue forecasts and sales forecasts.
- Compare performance actuals with plan forecasts and strategically interpret results.
- Process weekly and bi–weekly payroll using JustWorks.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures. Direct daily department AP, credit and collections, financial statements, cash management and treasury
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual reports
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Prepare bottle deposit reconciliations.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
What we are looking for:
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting leadership role
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- CPA is a big plus
- Strong work stability
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Expert knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel.
- Database experience (Shopify, NetSuite and PayPal) preferred.
- Deep understanding of all aspects of a P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow.
- Strong communication skills capable of translating complex concepts to team members of all levels and tying financials to company strategy.
- Highly organized, analytical, and detail oriented.
- Problem solver with the ability to think both strategically and execute tactically.
- Flexible and eager to learn – able to take direction and not set–in old habits