ABOUT US: We are a Local Family–owned Wholesale Distributor that has been in business since 1982. We have primarily served the local community and have expanded to the surrounding States in the last few years. Currently, we are in the early stages of transitioning to Nationwide Sales. We've recently created an online retail store which will bring growth, and the Bookkeeper will play a key role in this transition.
OUR CULTURE: We maintain a drama–free casual work environment where opinions and ideas are valued and heard. Every member of our team plays a key role in our success and works directly with one another in achieving goals and meeting deadlines.
Our operating hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. We do our best to show our appreciation to our team members by offering competitive pay, overtime, and an exception full benefits package. (100% Health Insurance, 100% Dental, 100% Short Term Disability, 100% Long Term Disability, 100% Life Insurance Policy, Simple IRA with Company Match, 1 Week Vacation After 1 Year, 2 Week Vacation after 2 Years, and 7 Paid Holidays).
THE BOOKKEEPER ROLE: The Bookkeeper will be fully responsible for overseeing and maintaining all of our company's financial data and customer accounts. They will use SAGE to keep detailed and accurate records, and track all income and expenditures. It is the Bookkeeper's responsibility to work closely with our external accounting firm to maintain compliance and stay up–to–date on tax laws and regulations.
Our ideal candidate will have accounting/bookkeeping experience and possess the ability to take ownership of their role and improve our current systems to build a solid foundation. They must be comfortable with change, reliable, resourceful, and pay close attention to details.
Skills and traits that we are looking for:
- Proven bookkeeping or accounting experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands–on experience with Excel and ERP software's (Sage preferred, not required)
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Professionalism accompanied with excellent communication skills
- Resourceful with a desire to learn and grow
- Ability to take ownership of role
- Highly organized and thorough
- Open to working overtime to complete time–sensitive tasks
- Ability to see the bigger picture when making decisions
- Teamplayer with a good attitude and excellent work ethics