Company Description: Are you looking for a FUN place to work? Are you interested in joining a HIGHLY dynamic team, dedicated to positively changing the lives of their customers?
The Adventure Challenge is a fast growing, high energy, fun, and creative company based in Redding, CA. We thrive on bringing joy to our customers by literally equipping them to get adventurous! The Adventure Challenge is committed to designing fun, creative, enriching products which bring people together and grow connections. As an employee of The Adventure Challenge, our goal is to ensure you feel empowered, seen, and known as an integral part of the company. We believe every employee has million dollar ideas and encourage an atmosphere in which ideas and suggestions are voiced. Our goal as a company is to positively impact the world by empowering and inspiring people to get outside of their own box and jump into the challenge of adventure!
Job Description: The Controller at The Adventure Challenge oversees the accounting operations of the company.
The Controller will ensure quality of financial transactions and reporting, develop our financial
well–being and play a leading role in financial decision–making. You will provide senior
management with strategic financial input, and oversee the overall accounting processes. You
will ensure accuracy in all our financial activities. Your responsibilities include banking and
finance activities, proper reporting and payment to all taxing authorities, insurance
recommendations and related purchases and corporate documentation. This position is
responsible for keeping the company in good legal standing while also helping the company
make the best financial decisions through forecasting, budgeting and strategy. This position uses
extensive knowledge of business accounting to take ownership of the financial aspects of the
company to enable the executive team to focus on product growth strategies.
Essential Job Duties
??? Developing and forecasting budgets.
??? Implementing finance and accounting policies and procedures.
??? Determining effect of potential business decisions on financial policy.
??? Collaborating as a company representative with business partners.
??? Overseeing departmental budgets and holding staff accountable to budget matters.
??? Cooperating with business units and support functions across the company.
??? Oversee the implementation and training of financial literacy across the company.
??? Ensuring prompt and accurate month–end and year–end close processes.
??? Preparing timely financial statements.
??? Reporting variances.
??? Overseeing accounting operations such as accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger entries.
??? Ensuring compliance with company and statutory requirements.
- Speak and understand English
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Daily responsibilities include repetitive motions, such as typing, that may involve wrists, hands or fingers Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands or fingers
- Extensive knowledge of business accounting, as well as Federal and State federal and state tax compliance
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in financial planning, reporting and forecasting
- Extensive experience in financial forecasting
- Strong working knowledge of Quickbooks
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively manage and cultivate an engaged team
- Strong time management and organizational skills required
- Accuracy in the performance of advanced mathematical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Eagerness to acquire additional knowledge and experience highly desired
- Highly flexible and adaptable, with ability to confidently and creatively offer solutions
- Speed with accuracy
- Communicating Effectively (written and oral)
- Attention to Detail
Please note the above detail describes physical and visual activities commonly associated with the essential functions of this particular job. "Commonly associated" is not intended to mean only or always. Reasonable accommodation will be provided as required by law. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Paid holidays: New Years Eve, New Years Day, Martin Luther King, Jr Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
Benefits package includes: Vision, Medical and Dental Insurance