The Senior Accountant, under the supervision of the Controller, is responsible for providing day–to–day administration of both owned and floor planned vehicles, ensuring they are properly accounted for in the inventory management software. The Senior Accountant manages the Company's accounts receivables, and is responsible for all invoicing, cash applications, managing fleet gas cards, and General Ledger account reconciliation.
- Intra–Company reconciliations.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Monthly Journal entries.
- Support and assist with month and year end close.
- Multi–Company reviews.
Floor Plan Duties
- Works collaboratively with General Managers and Fleet Managers on purchasing vehicles and transferring vehicles from dealers to the Company floorplan.
- Processes required paperwork for each floor plan, ensuring the purchase contract, MSO, buyer's order, delivery receipts, and transportation receipts are properly accounted for.
- Monitors all inventory to include those vehicles that are owned or floor planned and ensures each is properly accounted for and tracked.
- Ensure vehicles are paid off when work is completed, and all dealer paperwork is accounted for.
- Tracks and provides monthly, quarterly, and annual data of wholesale financials.
- Ensure mileage for all employee–driven company vehicles are tracked and accounted for.
- Ensures accounting SOPs for floor plan vehicles and purchasing is adhered to.
Accounts Receivable Duties
- Manages all aspects of accounts receivable for the Company (end to end).
- Evaluates current processes and recommends actions to improve accounting and operational efficiency.
- Works closely with other departments and external customers to resolve billing–related issues, including balance disputes and delinquencies.
- Achieves DSO, collection, and bad debt percentages.
- Reviews account portfolios and recommends accounts for escalation to third party when necessary.
- Produces and analyzes weekly/monthly KPIs, dashboards and analytics to measure and improve performance.
- Develop new strategies for managing high–risk accounts.
- Maintains and updates all exemption/resale certificates.
- Presents information, as requested, to shippers, customers, the sales/marketing department, and other internal managers.
- Carries out an assortment of basic accounting tasks in accordance with SOP and sound account principles.
- Verifies all invoices for accuracy and ensure they are sent out in a timely manner.
- Deposits and processes all incoming checks, credit cards, ACHs and wires daily.
- Apply all incoming payments to customer accounts or a daily basis.
- Communicate with team members at other locations on updated processes and procedures for receiving payments.
Due to the need to fill this position in 2–4 weeks, only local applicants will be considered.