Emergency Relief Funds - Accounts Payable Specialist
This position is part of the Emergency Rental Assistance Program which provides resources and support for individuals in need of rent and utility assistance. Under general supervision, performs basic to mid–level accounting functions and clerical tasks as assigned. Processes rent, and utility assistance payables, handles vendor relations, check runs and administrative clerical tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Maiker Housing Partners offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, short term and long term disability, 401(k) match and participation in the Public Employer's Retirement Association.
Payable/ Invoice Processing
- Works closely with the Emergency Rental Assistance Team and Community Managers to process rent and utility assistance payables and invoices.
- Ensures submitted invoices and check requests are within established signature limits.
- Manages the Payables workflow processes to ensure the correct invoices are sent to the correct approving authority.
- Reviews and ensures accuracy of all bills to be paid by Maiker Housing Partners.
- Ensures invoice posting is completed in an accurate and timely fashion
- Processes corporate, employee reimbursement, and vendor payables, including producing and preparing checks for mailing or pick–up and ACHs
- Sets up and maintains direct deposit information for payees
- Creates new vendor accounts and updates existing vendor accounts in Yardi
- Ensures current copies of W–9 and insurance certificates are in vendor file
- Prepares positive pay files for bank and check registers for each checking account for daily check runs: files electronically
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two–year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1 year Accounts Payable experience
- Ability to use 10–key by touch accurately
- Yardi Property Management software experience preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Quality and Characteristics
- Strong mathematical skills: concepts include fractions, percentages, and ratios
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional teamwork
- Listens and involves others in the decision making process when necessary
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations
- The ability to read, comprehend, interpret, and implement rules, regulations, and procedures
- Ability to apply critical thinking to all aspects of the position and make and take appropriate actions as required
- Strong attention to detail
- Always meets deadlines
- Ability to self–manage
- Excellent organizing & planning ability
- Works independently
- Accepts accountability
- Meets attendance/punctuality requirements
- Identifies and can speak to customer needs, excellent listening skills, sensitive to customers,
- Product knowledge: translates product features to benefits, understands/responds to the member'sneeds, applies market knowledge
- Knowledge of program requirements and guidance as reflected in HUD regulations, handbook, notices, forms, and guides
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions
- Regular computer use throughout the day, ability to sit for lengthy periods of time
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch
- Ability to lift/push/pull/carry various objects of 2 pounds frequently and 10 pounds occasionally
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms;
- Ability to talk and hear
Maiker provides, to the greatest extent possible, employment, on the job training and contract opportunities for low – and very–low income residents in connection with projects and activities administered by the Housing Authority.
Maiker Housing Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.